Guys, Dmitry

        I have now installed e16 and e17 on 9 (4 Arch Linux, 5 openSuSE) boxes
and
one thing is clear, there is a problem with the screen lock on all the
openSuSE boxes. In the prior posts the general consensus was that there is
some problem with the unlock interface with pam or other auth package on suse.
No matter what I do, there is no way to unlock the suse boxes other than
ctrl+f1 and killing X and restarting.

        Currently I am running E17-svn_20091012_r43036-3.2 (from the
X11/Enlightenment) repository for the suse boxes. (Dmitry, the same problem
effected your packages as well) The issue effects both i586 and x86_64
packages, so it is a generic authorization issue. I am currently in the
process of downloading the latest suse rpms and I will check there and report
back (E17-svn_20091012_r43036-3.4.i586.rpm)

        In contrast, all of the Arch Linux boxes unlock perfectly. On Arch, the
package version is: "e-svn 43431-1". I don't know if the lock issue was fixed
between snapshots 43036 and 43431 (if I'm reading the version info correctly),
but it is a significant issue if you have updates running or something and the
screen locks (I know about presentation mode).

        Being new to the list, I don't know what the policy (historical norms)
are
for issues like this and whether you want a bug opened or if you would like to
flesh the issue out a bit before a bug gets posted (I don't mind doing the
footwork to author the repot, if needed). Thus my post. What say the
developers? What additional informtation would you like to see, and do you
want me to open a ticket or discuss the issue here to see if we can get a
better handle on it?

Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.