On 05/24/2010 12:11 PM, sda wrote:
> hello fellows,
>
> seems that your help is needed.
>
> current E-svn segv's only on openSUSE-11.0. this distro is a bit
> outdated and i suppose that some backports and fixes (CVE, etc) could be
> the reason of our issue. now i have 2 types of segfaults:
>
> 1) described by David below
> 2) gadcon container issue (can't add EFM modules to the EFM Toolbar)
>
> the 'gdb' output:
>
> http://pastebin.com/xPBFBpL2
>
> also it may worth to mention that the direct edit of:
>
> $ vim ~/.e/e/applications/bar/default/.order
>
> file goes o'k and no segv's if we're manually adjust E config files.
>
> dunno if this case worth the discussion because oS-11.0 is not a
> 'modern' distro and the segv's are not reported for other SLE/oS
> versions.
>
> E-svn-r48925
>
> regards,
> sda

Thanks for helping Dmitry :-)

        I'll wait until we get some feedback before installing the new set of
rpms. If
I can just get one more good update before 11.0 gets to end of life, that would
be worth its weight in gold. (I'm stuck with 11.0 due to the "ATI screw the
customer" drop of all support for linux on pre-2400 series cards)

        As for not modern? Running 2.6.32, 4G/630G, all packages are up to
date... not
bad for an 'old' noteboot :p

        But, alas, if there were a working fglrx driver in 11.2 or 11.3
milestones, I'd
make the jump, but no dice. (radeonhd blackscreens so that not an option).
(actually, I'd probably jump to Arch to get out of the 'release # next' game and
into a rolling release for my laptop).

        If you want me to run tests with your new packages, I'll go load them,
I don't
mind. But if it's just going to do the same thing, then it seems like an effort
in futility. Let me know on that one.

        Also, if anybody else needs me to send more data or run tests, just let
me know
and I'll get it to you. Thanks!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.