On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 10:38 +0900, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:44:16 -0700 [EMAIL PROTECTED] babbled:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been using DR17 for over a year now, and I use it successfully on my
> > thinkpad t43 laptop in a corporate environment.
> >
> > Works 99%, even with a dual monitor setup. Love the fact that the second
> > monitor I connect to my laptop acts as an independant desktop.
> >
> > The only two issues I have is that since the last cvs build the screen lock
> > no longer accepts my biometric finger scan, so I have to manually type my
> > password to unlock, and also that any shelves created can't seem to exist
> > on
> > the second desktop/monitor.
>
> you may want to set up a /etc/pam.d/enlightenment profile that works with your
> biometric scanner :) basically this is an os setup issue to set up pam
> profiles. find a template or copy another that works - and presto.

Hi, thanks for the tip, but unfortunately I had tried this, and it still
does not work.

When trying the biometric scan, in the screen lock, I get the following
error in my logs:

Jan 16 08:47:54 DeepThought pam_bioapi[9493]: Unable to load BioAPI BSP
with UUID of {5550454b-2054-464d-2f45-535320425350}, BioAPI error #194d.

Research for error #194d had revealed that it is a permissions error to
the user that is trying to access the biometric profile. I suspect that
the lock screen part of DR17 is running as another user.

I did try to chmod 777 the biometric profile, to test, but it had no
effect.