> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:19:28 +0100,
> Kim Woelders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Dennis Nezic wrote:
> > Maybe I'm not understanding how the NeverUseArea window toggle flag
> > works, but shouldn't it force e16 to /never/ place windows in the
> > specified area? If so, it doesn't seem to be working at the moment
> > (v0.16.8.11).
> >
> "never" is a bit strong. It's more like "normally". Windows may get
> placed over NeverUseArea windows e.g. if you place manually, if a new
> window cannot be placed at all otherwise, or if you do an
> absolute/xinerama window maximization.
> It looks to me like things work properly in 0.16.8.11.
>
> I did add an option to make the default maximization policy
> configurable (Move & Resize Settings...). Could that explain
> something? If not please specify in more detail how you see the
> NeverUseArea behavior has changed.

Just playing with a bunch of xterms, in an otherwise empty virtual
desktop -- if I set the first one to NeverUseArea, then subsequently
open a bunch of normal others, although I do see an avoidance of the
area in the beginning, it covers the NeverUseArea sooner (even sooner
if it's placed along the right edge of the screen) than I think it
should -- in fact, it should never use that xterm's area :) (There is
plenty of room for adjacent windows, and they can be overlapped.

There is very little difference between the behaviour with and without
the flag set. I think it should be strongly enforced :).