On 8/5/22 10:48, Masaru Nomiya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the Message;
>
>   Subject    : Re: [e-users] I might have found the solution to the black
> screen issue.
>   Date & Time: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 23:40:33 +0930
>
> [SL] == Simon Lees <sfl...@suse.de> has written:
>
> [...]
> SL>  Feel free to ask those questions here, I look after those and still keep
> SL>  an eye on this list.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> SL>  In terms of system.conf we were disabling some modules that aren't used
> SL>  on systemd systems to reduce the security footprint, but then we stopped
> SL>  having a "users" group on new systems so it had to be changed, openqa
> SL>  seems to be telling me this is working again  but if its not right let
> SL>  me know which repo so I can fix it.
>
> Sorry, I didn't check enough.
>
> As you know, system.conf included in the
> enlightenment-0.25.3-269.5.src.rpm, it is set as fllows;
>
> [...]
> # deny everyone else by default
> user:     *         deny:  *

> should be changed to 'allow'.

This should be ok because atleast from
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/X11:Enlightenment:Factory/enlightenment/system.conf?expand=1
the following is before it

user:    *  allow: backlight
user:    *  allow: ddc
user:    *  allow: rfkill
user:    *  allow: l2ping
user:    *  allow: cpufreq

which means that all users have access to all the modules we actually need.

> SL>  Similarly at one point in some repos there was a bug where a wayland
> SL>  enlightenment.desktop file was being installed which gdm will pick over
> SL>  the X11 one, as far as I know this should be fixed, so that the default
> SL>  option with enlightenment.desktop is X11 but there is now an
> SL>  enlightenment-wayland.desktop file that is also installed which is
> SL>  labeled in gdm as experimental again if this was missed in a  repo
> SL>  please let me know where (its a 2 line fix).
>
> Those I am referring to as the openSUSE build is located at;
>
> https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Enlightenment:/Factory/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/
>
> SL>  enlightenment-wayland.desktop file that is also installed which is
> SL>  labeled in gdm as experimental again [...]
>
> It is as you say with sddm, too.
>
> In gdm, I can log in by entering my password, but in sddm, two
> enlightenment items appear in the menu, and I have to select the lower
> one and enter my password before I can log in.
>
> I don't understand why two enlightenment items appear when there is
> only one enlightenment.desktop in /usr/share/xsessions.

Can you please paste the output of "ls -la /usr/share/xsessions/" and ls
-la /usr/share/wayland-sessions/"

> I have a basic question.
>
> I can't figure out why Tumbleweed gives me
>
>   %define enable_wayland 1
>
> when it is written
>
> # Wayland is broken with current efl waiting for a new e release
>
> as the comments.
>
> I have no intention to change to nouveau and I will not move to
> Wayland because of it. I think Wayland itself is just experimetal.
>
> Or does Tumbleweed have the requirements for enable_wayland?

Yeah basically if you use gdm, and choose "Enlightenment" which comes
from /usr/share/xsessions you will get enlightenment and everything will
run fine, if you choose Enlightenment - Wayland (Experemental) or
whatever I called it you can test out wayland that one should live in
/usr/share/wayland-sessions/. Last time I tried sddm it ignored wayland
so I've never tested it there but I can confirm with an intel gpu and
gdm it works.

Raster said there has been some issues with Nvidia and efl in gles mode
if your seeing these issues at some point i'll i'll probably have to
build a separate efl package using traditional opengl for nvidia, this
is basically just work I haven't found time for yet.

Cheers

--
Simon Lees (Simotek)                            http://simotek.net

Emergency Update Team                           keybase.io/simotek
SUSE Linux                           Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30