Hello,

In the Message;

  Subject    : Re: [e-users] I might have found the solution to the black
screen issue.
  Date & Time: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 22:43:22 +0930

[SL] == Simon Lees <sfl...@suse.de> has written:

[...]

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/X11:Enlightenment:Factory/enlightenment/system.conf?expand=1
SL>  the following is before it

SL>  user:    *  allow: backlight
SL>  user:    *  allow: ddc
SL>  user:    *  allow: rfkill
SL>  user:    *  allow: l2ping
SL>  user:    *  allow: cpufreq

SL>  which means that all users have access to all the modules we actually need.

I know it.

Enlightenment complains about the bottom part;

[...]
   # deny everyone else by default
   user:     *         deny:  *

I installed it yesterday from the Enlightenment:Nightly repo, and it
is fixed as follows;

[...]
   # deny everyone else by default
   user:     *         allow:  *

[...]
SL>>>  enlightenment-wayland.desktop file that is also installed which is
SL>>>  labeled in gdm as experimental again [...]

MN>> It is as you say with sddm, too.

MN>> In gdm, I can log in by entering my password, but in sddm, two
MN>> enlightenment items appear in the menu, and I have to select the lower
MN>> one and enter my password before I can log in.
MN>>
MN>> I don't understand why two enlightenment items appear when there is
MN> > only one enlightenment.desktop in /usr/share/xsessions.

SL>  Can you please paste the output of "ls -la /usr/share/xsessions/" and ls
SL>  -la /usr/share/wayland-sessions/"

For a long time, they were

in /usr/share/xsessions/

   enlightenment.desktop -> ../wayland-xsessions/enlightenment.desktop

and, in /usr/share/wayland-xsessions/

   enlightenment-wayland.desktop
   enlightenment.desktop

Some time ago, they were changed to;

in /usr/share/xsessions/

   enlightenment.desktop

and, in /usr/share/wayland-xsessions/

   enlightenment-wayland.desktop
   enlightenment.desktop -> ../xsessions/enlightenment.desktop

In the above case, I had to do the following;

  1. # rm /usr/share/xsessions/enlightenment.desktop
  2. # cp /usr/share/waylans-xsessions/enlightenment.desktop
/usr/share/xsessions/

Regardless of this change, in both cases, I had to select the
Enlightenment item at the bottom of the sddm menu to log in.

I am wondering if it would otherwise try to start in Wayland.

But now, with the efl & enlightenment installed from the
Enlightenment:Nightly repo, I can log in smoothly.

I changed the repo after I saw the enlightenment.spec said;

  # Wayland is broken with current efl waiting for a new e release
  %if 0%{?suse_version} > 1500 || 0%{?fedora_version} > 27
  # Disable wayland for now due to NVIDIA issues
  %define enable_wayland 0
  %else
  %define enable_wayland 0
  %endif

MN>> I have no intention to change to nouveau and I will not move to
MN>> Wayland because of it. I think Wayland itself is just experimetal.

MN>> Or does Tumbleweed have the requirements for enable_wayland?

SL>  Yeah basically if you use gdm, and choose "Enlightenment" which comes
SL>  from /usr/share/xsessions you will get enlightenment and everything will
SL>  run fine, if you choose Enlightenment - Wayland (Experemental) or
SL>  whatever I called it you can test out wayland that one should live in
SL>  /usr/share/wayland-sessions/. Last time I tried sddm it ignored wayland
SL>  so I've never tested it there but I can confirm with an intel gpu and
SL>  gdm it works.

I had to go to nouveau....

SL>  Raster said there has been some issues with Nvidia and efl in gles mode
SL>  if your seeing these issues at some point i'll i'll probably have to
SL>  build a separate efl package using traditional opengl for nvidia, this
SL>  is basically just work I haven't found time for yet.

What is the problem?

In any case, I'll wait until you have spare time.

Regards.

---
┏━━┓彡   Masaru Nomiya                 mail-to: m.nomiya @ galaxy.dti.ne.jp
┃\/彡
┗━━┛       " Today’s China is not the old China humiliated and bullied over
               100 years ago. It is time for these people to wake up from their
               imperial dream."

              -- Hua Chunying’s Regular Press Conference on August 4, 2022 --