On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 11:28:53 -0000 (UTC) David Chmelik <dchme...@gmail.com>
said:

> On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:10:45 +0100, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
>
> >> E is fast but I used system-tray clipboard daily almost 30 years so
> >> until I can have one, I'll wait retry or get screenshot, though fixed
> >> most my screen stuff: gradient, redshift.
> >
> > you'll be waiting forever for a gradient feature. i'm not going to add
> > it when just drawing a gradient in gimp is perfectly acceptable and very
> > very very flexible. :)
>
> I said fixed gradient & redshift; just hadn't taken offset screen
> screenshot: waiting for clipboard.

Oh i thought you were saying you'll wait until they are fixed... :)

> > you can draw your own clock base/theme... all the notches was just too
> > busy on a small clock. design choice to make it look that way. theme can
> > change it - it's just an image for the notches. :)
>
> Dots/notches can be small... some clocks also note (6)0seconds and every
> five all the way round.  If I can find where to draw a clock, that's good
> enough...

edje_decc default.edj

this unpacks the theme (default.edj is in elementary). it'll make a dir with
lots of content and a generated build.sh

in img/ you'll find (in the default theme) block_base_digits-040.png (and 080
and 160 - it stores 3 resolutions and picks the best one at runtime). edit as
you see fit. it's overlayed on clock_base-???.png - the hands are
clock_hand*.png

when you want to test your edits:

./build.sh; mv default.edj ~/.elementary/themes/

then ctrl+alt+end to restart e to see the results. (you may have to make the
above ~/.elementary/themes/ dir). you now have a private custom copy of the
default theme. you can modify everything you see - it's all in there somewhere
as images as well as edc files defining layout with events and animation,
sizing, scaling and so on. :) edj files are essentially like big zip files
which e (or anything in efl) dynamically pulls data from at runtime as needed.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com