Hi
I use an old macbook with a distro that is a fork of Nutyx converted
to systemd. The distro installator don't give the right apple keymap
so I am obliged to download an old file mac-macbook-fr.kmap for the
virtual console. That is enough to do command lines. When we install
enlightenment we have just the choice for a default basic keyboard in
my case "fr" as I am french. I have tried to install an apple keyboard
configuration but I didn't succeed despite the large apple choice
under enlightenment. In Terminology the keymap was French but not
complete (ex: - was an = ...) . The elegant way to be ride of this
problem was to create or modify in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ an
00-keyboard.conf file with

 Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "system-keyboard"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"
        Option "XkbLayout" "fr"
        Option "XkbVariant" "mac"
        Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection

After that the keymap was correct with the enlightenment Xorg session.
When I passed to an enlightenment wayland session as there is no
configuration file I tried apple configuration config and finally I
found the "good" one : fr,macbook79,mac. The keymap is perfect without
error.
When I returned to an Xorg enlightenment session and tried the
fr,macbook79,mac configuration , it was not ok ,the keymap seemed the
same as the default basic keyboard. I have lived with that for a long
time switching with the "appropriate" keymap each time I change
session Xorg or wayland.
Recently by looking at the .e-log.log in my home user I found a line
"/bin/bash error setxkbmap missing". It seemed to refer to
xorg-setxkbmap that was not installed on my system. I installed the
package but when I rebooted one more time the keymap looked like it
was the default basic but switching to fr,macbook79,mac worked on
Xorg. The error has disappeared from .e-log.log.

So now I have only one right configuration for the Xorg and wayland session
The xorg-setxkbmap is not called during the compilation of efl and
enlightenment, maybe it's a runtime dependency. I have a debian system
and it seems that this package is included in a xorg-utils package.
Other distributions may install it by default.

I suggest that a little note may be included on the enlightenment main
site in case somebody has this problem.

Best regards

Dania