On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 13:53:17 +0100 daniel antoine <univa...@gmail.com> said:

e parses system files to see what keymaps might be available. for example:

/usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/xorg.lst

see
https://git.enlightenment.org/enlightenment/enlightenment/src/commit/6cca3f77e8b34d8b25315d31e6e3cb73ad63ff20/src/modules/xkbswitch/e_mod_parse.c#L64

the list of files is there if you ever need a custom layout. it basically finds
the first one it can then parses that. so what you want to do is augment your
system .lst file to list your kbd map and install it alongside all the other
map files so its an option. you don't need your xorg.conf "hack" then - it'll
be an option in layouts... i believe this should also work for wayland then
too... but don't bet your life on it... i haven't tried. :)

but you basically need libinput handling these maps. right now i wouldn't bet on
wayland mode working too well here ... so don't use it if you want stable and
full featured. wayland is experimental - i added a wayland logo overlay
watermark in e git specifically to let people know they are in wayland mode and
to act as a minor annoyance to discourage wl mode except for those willing to
work on making it better :). it certainly fixes the "why doesn't that work....
wtf ... oh i'm in wayland mode" problem... as it's now obvious. this will get
removed when wayland is no longer experimental :)

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com