Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this, as it continues to
cause problems. It seems to be an Enlightenment-only problem, as i've
checked it doesn't happen with Gnome or Plasma.

As far as i can tell, what's happening is:
- after a mouse-over/hover, a tooltip pops up.
- E sees this as a new window, sets focus to the new window
- the cursor changes to E's cursor
- focus is lost from the underlying window, so the element that
previously had a mouse-over event no longer does
- tooltip closes due to above
- focus reverts to the original window
- cursor changes back to what the application in that window
previously had it set to.
- depending on the application, and any cursor movement, this
sometimes triggers the first point again, starting a loop.

> Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2023 12:31:27 -0500
> From: Conrad Knight <iestynap...@gmail.com>
> Subject: [e-users] tooltip problems
> I've recently started having trouble with tooltips displayed by
> applications under Enlightenment. Where a tooltip would normally pop
> up after hovering the cursor over an element for a second or so, it
> instead pops up and immediately disappears. The tooltip lasts only a
> fraction of a second, too quick to read more than a word or two of the
> tip's text.
>
> I've also noticed this happens mostly in applications that use their
> own mouse cursors (but not all). When the tooltip first appears, the
> application's cursor is replaced by Enlightenment's cursor, at which
> point the tooltip disappears and the cursor reverts to the
> application's own one. Examples of where this happens: Brave browser,
> GTK applications, KDE applications. Curiously, it does NOT occur in
> Firefox, even though that uses its own cursors, too. The tooltips in
> Gmail (displayed in Brave) are also unaffected, probably because Gmail
> is using its own version of tooltips instead of what everyone else is.
> Maybe Firefox is, too, as those tooltips do not have the same border
> as the "system" ones.
>
> This seems to be a recent development... I'm using the latest git
> versions of EFL and enlightenment available from AUR. Is there a fix
> for this? I didn't realise how much i rely on some tooltips until i
> couldn't read them!

Thanks,
-Conrad.

--