On Mon, 11 Sep 2023 21:34:40 -0400 Conrad Knight <iestynap...@gmail.com> said:

> When i log in to an Xorg session, i have a file sourced to set up a
> few things, including the line:
>
> xset r rate 250 30
>
> This works, for a while, but at some indeterminate point later, E
> changes the keyboard repeat rate and it slows down. I can't figure out
> what triggers the rate to reset, but it's annoying to have to switch
> to a terminal and re-source my startup script when i notice it.
>
> I did find the following:
> $ eet -d ~/.e/e/config/standard/e.cfg config
>     value "keyboard.repeat_delay" int: 400;
>     value "keyboard.repeat_rate" int: 25;
>
> So i know at least where E is getting the slower numbers from. But
> when does E use these values, and can i prevent it? Or, failing that,
> is there anywhere in the Settings menus where i can change these
> default values? I cannot seem to find any mention of repeat rate
> there.

that's because e has no code to set keyboard repeat rate or delay in x.... it
doesn't exist. those values only are effective when e is in wayland compositor
mode. e has never had code to set this in x... it's actually a missing feature
that;s been missing for a very long time. efl too has no code to do this in x
(in ecore_x). :)

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com