Some people have reported having problems with their browser icon in the
dock bar , the blue bar missing under the icon and no presence of the
active browser windows when you pass the cursor on the icon. It happened to
me randomly and I was not able to reproduce the problem if there was one.
When you open a browser you have the blue initialisation circle on the
icon, the browser windows open and if you pass your cursor on the icon, you
have a blue window with the active browser session. When chromium is not
active If you open a terminal (terminology) and write in an url address you
can open it as an url, a chromium window opens but you have no blue bar
under the icon and you have nothing if you pass your cursor on the icon in
the dock (you can do the same thing by copying an url in a libreoffice
file). If you minimize the browser windows it looks like it has disappeared
but you see the chromium process in HTOP. I have just discovered that the
only way to reopen the window is to search in the principal menu and look
at the windows link where it is present, here you can act on it.
My question is why there is a different treatment when you open a browser
and is it normal.

Best regards

Daniel