Hi Daniel
The Daniel's gang ! It please me

My icons are in /usr/share/applications. The original chromium.desktop has
this

[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Chromium
Exec=/opt/chromium/chrome %U
Terminal=false
Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/product_logo_48.png
Type=Application
Categories=Application;Network;WebBrowser;
MimeType=text/html;text/xml;application/xhtml_xml;

By using the xprop command I have found WM_CLASS(STRING) =
"chromium-browser"

I have moved the chromium.desktop file to chromium-browser.desktop and
added the missing line StartupWMClass=Chromium-browser in and now it
works as expected.

I have discovered that all the icons present in the dock that are not e
applications have not the line "StartupWMClass=" (by example: libreoffice,
virt-manager....) They have the problem if you launch the application from
a terminal.For ephoto that is an e application the line is missing

Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards

Daniel