*Background*: I am in the process of re-building an Oracle Linux 9.3 server
<https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/rebuilding-linux-server-index-articles-overlogix-9tmvf>
(this is a downstream RHEL derivative, stable and conservative), got it to
compile yesterday and stopped there to *RTFM*.

Currently installed are the latest Fedora packages as a temporary measure
while the build issues are sorted out. They work OK, but depend on Wayland,
and freeze the whole computer if the KVM switch is used. Undesirable,
unstable, hence the build.

*Issue I need help with*: I see the file *spec/efl.spec.in
<http://efl.spec.in>*, tried to find instructions to use it, didn't find
any. I gather this file is a template used to process somehow into a usable
*efl.spec*, which can in turn be used to process to a binary RPM package,
and possibly also a source RPM package, very desirable. I also suspect that
meson is used somehow to process this file, couldn't find appropriate
material after a lot of searching. Bard and ChatGPT confidently
hallucinated on the topic.

Does anyone on this list have this type of packaging experience? How can
this file be used, and what are the steps? Please dumb it down for me to
fifth grader level; my expertise is elsewhere.

--
Thanks,
- Phil

Phil Otken
Overlogix, Inc. <https://overlogix.com/>
also d.b.a.
Practical Software and Database Engineering, Inc.
c: +41 79 376 08 96
e-mail: phil.ot...@gmail.com
Online Professional Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/potken/