El dom, 03-03-2024 a las 07:34 +0100, Phil Otken escribió:
> Agreed. Am doing that now (RTFM). I'll make use of the existing
> efl.spec.in
> as an example. Plan is to look for a spec file already used to build
> an efl
> RPM; this is perhaps available in the EPEL packages. If successful,
> I'll
> post the method here.
>
> You are correct, Carsten, I need to learn to make RPMs so that the
> system
> is more easily manageable, and so I can later update Enlightenment at
> will.
> It's a long drink of water, but the motivation is there. I'm writing
> an
> article about it on LI now.

You can also check other rpm distros. For example you can easily get to
the SRMS in Mageia (via mirrors.mageia.org) and modify for Alpine and
efl-1.27.0. OpenMandriva already has an efl-1.27.0 package available.

Note: You are better off with a Fedora SRPM as there is variation in
the packaging rules followed across distros. The rpm world is not as
"unified" as the deb world.

Best,
Roy