On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 20:27:10 +0100 aguador via enlightenment-users
<enlightenment-users@lists.sourceforge.net> said:

> What is it that allows windows characteristics to be remembered?
>
> I am a long-time user of Evolution for e-mail. It always remembered
> characteristics, most importantly the workspace, until version 3.50.x.
> When I asked the dev said he knew of no change that would have affected
> the failure to remember characteristics (but he was not thinking of E).
> Version 3.52.0 just hit with the same problem.

If Evolution was placing its own windows - then it was evolution doing this. As
it stopped doing it ... it was an evolution (or gtk+) change. E has not been
involved in any of this. It's entirely a client-side (Evolution/gtk) thing to
do.

E has its own remember system that is universal - look into window -> remember
menu. (click top-left icon on window and the above menu or alt+right mouse
anywhere on a window). If you're not using it then... it's not up to E to
remember this stuff - E will not and will auto-place windows in a best location
if they are unplaced by the app.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com