Thanks for your reply, go it now.

Compare to x11, the most memory saved is Xorg process, I will make a  choose
carefully.

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Carsten Haitzler<ras...@rasterman.com> |
| Date | 3/20/2024 18:15 |
| To | Enlightenment users discussion &
support<enlightenment-users@lists.sourceforge.net> |
| Cc | zgw199012<zgw199...@126.com> |
| Subject | Re: [e-users] About status with wayland |
On Wed, 20 Mar 2024 09:10:56 +0800 (GMT+08:00) zgw199012 <zgw199...@126.com>
said:

Hello, I found enlightenment is a so good  DE for my device, it's fine with
Xorg environment, but my device memory is limited, so I want to use wayland,
I use EFL 1.27 and enlightenment 0.26, I found wayland is not stable in
office website, is it still not stable now? Can I use it for my daily use
now? And my device only has touch screen, so I want to use virtualkeyboard

no, no, no answers to all those. :)

and inputmethod. I found vkbd module, but it cannot dispatch key to any app.

yup. doesn't work on wayland (the last no above)

There is wl_weekeyboard, but not loaded. And wayland imf module cannot loaded
too. I set the environment ECORE_IMF_MODULE to wayland, but it cannot init
successful, looks like load order between the wayland server and imf module.
I am confused now, what's the problem? I use it with wrong way or the module
is not complete now ? Anyone can help me? Thanks very much.

stick to x11 for now. and you won't really save any significant memory vs x11.
not with e. e was and is already quite lean for what it does.

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com