Understand, Thanks a lot.

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Carsten Haitzler<ras...@rasterman.com> |
| Date | 3/21/2024 14:03 |
| To | Enlightenment users discussion &
support<enlightenment-users@lists.sourceforge.net> |
| Cc | zgw199012<zgw199...@126.com> |
| Subject | Re: [e-users] About status with wayland |
On Thu, 21 Mar 2024 08:43:05 +0800 (GMT+08:00) zgw199012 <zgw199...@126.com>
said:

By the way, I think wayland is advanced and compact, what's wrong with it and
not support it any more? Thanks.

extra work. there is a lot of work to do - fixing e's multi-screen/head code to
work in wayland (it only supports a single screen). this is a big rework of a
lot of code. other things need work on the wayland side - bugs like with
subsurfaces and stacking and input direction. would need to do work to support
explicit fences, add work to support drm leases. add work to support new
wayland screen stream/capture protocols as well as pipewire... support new xdg
shell versions and features... fix scaling support in wayland and more and
more... it's just a lot of work. only some amount of work has been done. right
now i'm not looking at wayland as my todo list has me focusing on other things
like efm. will come around to wayland once devilhorns finishes off some stuff he
was doing there in ecore_drm2 and so on.

---- Replied Message ----
| From | zgw199012<zgw199...@126.com> |
| Date | 3/21/2024 08:28 |
| To | Carsten Haitzler<ras...@rasterman.com> |
| Cc | Enlightenment users disc…<enlightenment-users@lists.sourceforge.net> |
| Subject | Re: [e-users] About status with wayland |
Thanks for your reply, go it now.

Compare to x11, the most memory saved is Xorg process, I will make a  choose
carefully.

---- Replied Message ----
| From | Carsten Haitzler<ras...@rasterman.com> |
| Date | 3/20/2024 18:15 |