Andrea Giammarchi <mailto:andrea.giammar...@gmail.com>
January 19, 2012 4:10 PM
for all WeakMap shims and examples I have seen this to guard the key as object is basically:

Object.isObject = function isObject() {
  return Object(value) === value;
};

why such difference with indeed function ambiguity with your first example?

We agreed not to treat functions as non-"isObject" objects.

Agreed on Object.type since it's easy to monkey patch while typeof is already causing my code to look like this

typeof obj != "null" && typeof obj == "object" && !!obj

V8-proofing shows this, yeah. It's a good warning sign in addition to the sheer runtime incompatibility of changing typeof null to be "null".

So Object.type is the thing to draft. Probably it should return typeof-like strings with the "null" fix and only that. I do not believe it should start returning "array" for Array instances, or take other experimental risks. But we should discuss.