> So Object.type is the thing to draft. Probably it should return typeof-like
> strings with the "null" fix and only that. I do not believe it should start
> returning "array" for Array instances, or take other experimental risks. But
> we should discuss.

FWIW: I’ve written down all typeof use cases that I could come up with:
http://www.2ality.com/2012/01/typeof-use-cases.html

A way of returning [[class]] would be great. Any reason why such a function
couldn’t be merged with Object.type()? My attempt at implementing such a merged
function (along with a detailed rationale – I prefer returning "Array" to
returning "array") is documented here:
http://www.2ality.com/2011/11/improving-typeof.html

--
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer