On Oct 6, 2012, at 9:37 AM, Brendan Eich wrote:

> Domenic Denicola wrote:
>> I still would like to see someone respond to jjb’s message though:
>> https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es-discuss/2012-October/025531.html
>
> JJB is right about same-origin allowing sharing so making postMessage
> unnecessary, but same-origin does not mean a symbol created by a module
> loaded in one frame is the same as the symbol created by that module loaded
> in a related same-origin frame. That's the trouble.

Except that symbol creation isn't the issue.  By definition, each time a symbol
is "created" you are getting a new unique symbol.  Frames/contexts/realms have
nothing to to with that.

The issue, is providing access to an already created symbol across such
boundaries.  As I have pointed out in other messages, this isn't a problem that
it unique to symbols.  It is isomorphic with use cases for sharing any kind of
object across such boundaries.

Allen