"use strict" is removed from code by default ... this is where it goes once
minified: nowhere.

I would rather force a minifier explicitly to remove it rather than force
it to keep it for ES5 ... also ES5 is not use strict so I don't get this
Closure Compiler choice.

I don't see minified code with "use strict" that often