  1) Re: Multi charger. (Dennis Berube)
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Multi charger. (Dennis Berube)
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  3) Re: Is a 200 mph Electric Cup Car possible ?
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Is a 200 mph Electric Cup Car possible ?
        by Robert Baertsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Monster Garage
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Chevy Luv burnouts?
        by "Tom Carpenter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Is a 200 mph Electric Cup Car possible ?
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Fwd: Monster Garage
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Milwaukee Tool Battery
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Is a 200 mph Electric Cup Car possible ?
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Is a 200 mph Electric Cup Car possible ?
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Is a 200 mph Electric Cup Car possible ?
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Milwaukee Tool Battery
        by John Norton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Group 24 battery options
        by Tom Hudson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Is a 200 mph Electric Cup Car possible ?
        by "Dave Davidson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Hybridize-yourself?
        by "Stefan T. Peters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Hybridize-yourself?
        by "Stefan T. Peters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: DMM Question
        by "Jody Dewey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Genny
        by "John Luck Home" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Monster Garage
        by "Ryan Stotts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Group 24 battery options
        by "Doug Hartley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Fwd: Monster Garage
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Is a 200 mph Electric Cup Car possible ?
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Milwaukee Tool Battery
        by "Ryan Stotts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Yup, I see I have a reading problem late at night <blush>
Do you know the approximate dimensions of that charger?

Paul G.

On Apr 12, 2006, at 1:14 PM, Ryan Stotts wrote:

"> I have been using the 10 packx3 Deltran charger "

Paul G. wrote:

What model of Deltran charger are you using?

I would guess it to be this model:

http://batterytender.com/product_info.php?products_id=20

In a message dated 4/12/06 2:06:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,

<< Subj:     Re: Multi charger. (Dennis Berube)
 Date:  4/12/06 2:06:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time
 From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Paul G.)
 Sender:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 To:    ev@listproc.sjsu.edu

 Yup, I see I have a reading problem late at night <blush>
 Do you know the approximate dimensions of that charger?

 Paul G.

16x7x7in. Dennis

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:42:08 -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I need some input from the experts out there.  What are the absolute
>minimums it will take in the form of batteries, motors, controllers,
>chargers, (all the essential EV stuff), to get a 3-4 year old Nextel
>cup car chassis with all required onboard equipment to a peak speed of
>200 + MPH and an average of 190 MPH for one lap at Daytona? I know it
>can be done but what is the best way?

Get me the frontal area and Cd and I'll compute the power required for
you.  I think it'll be quite a challenge because of the tires that are
available.  Probably a big Li pack.

John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Assuming the stock 2002 Monte Carlo has a cd = 0.33 and for 1998 the Cd = 0.35

I'll take 0.33 and a frontal area of 25 sq. ft and curb weight of 3000lbs.

At 190 mph you will need 378 hp for air drag and rolling drag of 128 hp. Not likely with an electric.

If you drop the Cd to 0.21, then you only need 241hp plus the rolling drag, much more possible for an electric.

-Robert

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
It would be a "standard" cup car (such as a Monte Carlo) from a few years ago.