        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: EV Charging station
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Power/Electric Meter
        by Wayne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: EV Charging station
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: What is it with CVTs?
        by "Death to All Spammers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Hi There! (Introduction)
        by "Death to All Spammers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Exploding batteries in an E-8 (yikes!)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Motor Blowers - do you use them? how?
        by "Death to All Spammers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: article: Modec Electric Van Now on the Road
        by "Evan Tuer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Power/Electric Meter
        by "Ryan Stotts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Regs, 0.3
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: What is it with CVTs?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: What is it with CVTs?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: EV Charging station
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Hi There! (Introduction)
        by nikki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) LA Times: Plug-in Hybrids Now!
        by Marc Geller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: What is it with CVTs?
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Tire Pressure
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: What is it with CVTs?
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) RE: Zilla DAQ 4 mode questions or how to graph a race?
        by Steven Ciciora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: What is it with CVTs?
 26) Re: What is it with CVTs?
        by Stefan Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Even a modest industrial instal
has more Watts than most of can take on.
This substation has Giga Watts passing through it.

This would serve a Fleet of super high power chargers.

I think most of us need to realise the power flow out there is enormous.

Madman

Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:10:57 -0700
From: Stefan Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: Re: What is it with CVTs?

Peter VanDerWal wrote:

> A custom two speed transimission would offer the best all around
> efficiency and you could automate the shifting for less effort and expense
> than adapting a CVT.

 Urr?

... Or even a GearVendors overdrive/underdrive unit used with a suitably
geared rear-end ...

Why would someone need a custom two speed? There is a solution readily
available, at least for rear wheel drive vehicles. You can flip the
GearVendors unit around and have a 1.28:1 low gear, and a 1:1 high gear.
Given most rear-ends are setup for 60MPH at 2 - 3K input speed (whatever
the original car did in 4th gear), that sounds about right.

Doesn't one of the EV suppliers also have a two speed for FWD vehicles?