  1) Re: Suitable Range Extending Alternator for Trailer Power Supply
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) RE: The Delta-Q and PFC are both very capable chargers...
        by "Garret Maki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Current Eliminator News
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  4) RE: Battery interconnect challenge
        by "Rick Todd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) formula???
        by Ben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Plug-In Hybrid forum this Saturday in PT
        by "Mike Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Minimum Power
        by "Stefan T. Peters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Plug-In Hybrid forum this Saturday in PT
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) I need advice/ Making a GEM go farther and faster.
 10) Re: PFC and Breakers
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) NEDRA High Voltage Nationals & Midwest AFV Expo This Saturday
  May 13th!
        by Ted Lowe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Minimum Power
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Plug-In Hybrid forum this Saturday in PT
        by "Mike Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Plug-In Hybrid forum this Saturday in PT
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Minimum Power
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: [Hybrid] Honda to put Insight powertrain in new Fit/Jazz (PHEV)
        by Lightning Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Plug-In Hybrid forum this Saturday in PT (Taps just monitor)
        by Lightning Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Victoria project car on Ebay Motors!
 19) A123 Systems sponsored KillaCycle
 20) RE: formula???
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Welding on WarP 9 Motor Housing
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: formula???
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: A123 Systems sponsored KillaCycle
        by David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) RE: Plug-In Hybrid forum this Saturday in PT
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Sources of Energy
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Plug-In Hybrid forum this Saturday in PT (Taps just monitor)
        by "Mike Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: Sources of Energy
David Sharpe wrote:
> Yes I think it is. My earlier note about my experience with these
> self excited m/cs will indicate my dissatisfaction with them.

Sorry; I missed that note. You tried them before and had a problem?

> There is likely to be 1000s of uFs of capacitors needed for a
> 10kW rated IM.

It shouldn't be quite that bad. 100s of uF, but not thousands.

> I have a lathe & milling machine but no knowledge of using high
> strength PMs though.

Your best bet would be to look at some commercial PM rotors, and copy
one of them. Look for examples of radial flux (i.e. normal) motors.

I have to second that.  I love my Delta-Q 72V charger on my motorcycle.
I just plug it in and forget about it.  It's wonderful! And if I change
to AGMs this summer I won't need regulators.
I've received great support too.

Garret
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/623.html