  1) Re: Vectrix
        by "Death to All Spammers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: $67K for a RAV4 EV?!
        by "John Bryan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: EV / Hybrid Question
        by "george.underwood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: EV / Hybrid Question
        by "Dave Roekle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: RAV4 EV battery pack on E bay
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Vectrix
        by Nick Austin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) My Electric Rates Doubled so I Bought Half a Car
        by "Mark E. Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Vectrix
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: My Electric Rates Doubled so I Bought Half a Car
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) RE: EV / Hybrid Question
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) RE: EV / Hybrid Question
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: EV / Hybrid Question
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: WarP motor color, was: Welding on WarP 9 Motor Housing
        by Ryan Bohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: EV / Hybrid Question
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: EV Batteries
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: A Wild Ride in the Zombie and Burnouts Galore
        by Dave Stensland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Vectrix
        by "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: EV Batteries
        by "Mike Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Vectrix
        by "Mike Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Vectrix
        by "Mike Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Motor Temp
        by "Mark E. Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Vectrix
        by "Mike Phillips" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) NEDRA High Voltage Nationals and Power of DC
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Vectrix
 25) RE: EV Batteries
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
> > What I'd like to know is where did they get large-capacity NiMH cells
> > - I thought no-one was currently licensed to make them...or has that
> > changed?
>
> Vectrix gets them from Gold Peak in China.  They are 30Ah NiMH
batteries.
> And yes, contrary to popular misconception, there is one -- and I
believe
> only one -- NiMH battery manufacturer which is actually permitted to
produce
> large-format NiMH batteries for BEVs sold in the US market under license
> from Cobasys, and that is Gold Peak.

<serious snippage>

> Well, that's a long answer to a short question, but it's a complex
subject.
> Hope that helps to explain it.
>
> Charles Whalen
> Delray Beach, FL

Wow! Thanks for the patent lesson - I only knew that Chevron was in
charge nowadays. Certainly makes you glad lithium chemistries are
being actively developed.

Edward Kellogg posted:

> On May 1, 2006, at 7:49 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
> > ViewItem&item=4633576306
>
> Are you trying to insinuate something? It could just be that the
> interested parties only use ebay occasionally, for something important.

    I'll take a stab at what this cryptic message probably means.
Someone had posted a comment that said something like "notice how all
the top bidders had very low amounts of feedback". I thought the
same thing, in fact they probably became new members of eBay just so
they could bid on the RAV4.

You would have to raise the vehicle several inches to get clearance and
spring travel. Might look funny and not handle well on curves due to raising
center of gravity. Also, dragging around that engine and all the accessory
weight (along with a tank of gas) would require even more batteries = vry
heavy weight. Doesn't sound practical to me.