  1) Specs for 3 wheel xebra for sale in china
        by "mike young" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Three-wheel Go-cart
        by "Michael Perry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Three-wheel Go-cart
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: Three-wheel Go-cart
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) RE: Three-wheel Go-cart
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Walk Behind professional mowers?
        by "steve clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: Regen
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Other Hybrids Honda Insight
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: EV Copyright Infringement running rampant
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Kalifornia .... registering conversions
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Regen
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) RE: Front-Wheel or Rear-Wheel Drive
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: EV / Hybrid Question
        by "george.underwood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) cost of conversion WAS: Donor Car Recommendations for EV Conversion
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: Regen
        by "Bill Dennis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) 4 thousand miles, 3 Amp heads, 2 EV's, 1 truck, and how I survived!
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: EV Copyright Infringement running rampant
        by "Ted C." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: EV safety
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Regen
        by "Doug Hartley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) CA DMV
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) ETTA
        by "David Sharpe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: cost of conversion WAS: Donor Car Recommendations for EV Conversion
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
 I saw what looks like the 3 wheel Zap Xebra on a wholesalers website from
China. Its at www.chinapuxinbiz.com and then click on electric vehicles.
Mike Young -Solectria Force Lover

Thanks, Roger. I didn't know Cloud was moving to FWD. With 2 in back, and
the batts moved back there, most of the weight is stable. In most races I
saw, these 1F2R models slowed the pack, with everyone drafting behind. It
seemed they didn't make the corners quite as quick as I would have expected.

I thought w/ the 2F design, it meant batts (and other weight possible) are
moved forward. I'm not sure which is better... but batts up front puts them
under the driver's legs, from what I saw... and they seemed to have the
ability to corner better on the sharp courses.
From: "Ted C." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu May 18, 2006  8:58:02  PM US/Eastern
To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>
Subject: Re: EV Copyright Infringement running rampant

You have the copyright. Your brother holding the hub/flywheel can prove it. I would report him to Ebay and send him the cease and decease "smack down" letter. It may not be written by a lawyer. But written well enough it could give judge Judy a field day on him. He is probably the same guy who takes your idea and goes around the office saying "Look at the great idea I came up with."

I do have to agree with the statement made that ever though is a crappy thing to do. It is promoting EVs and we sure could use more of that. I would say maybe trying to work out a deal where you get a cut of the BIG money. I just don't think he is going to be retiring off this and that would be a waste of time. Plus I just won't trust the guy anyway.

I found these two example letters.
( http://www.webmastertechniques.com/Insight/cease.html )
or this ( http://www.rightsforartists.com/examcease.html )

What ever you do. Add that copyright to your page as soon as possible. I don't know if it is possible to date it back to when you made it. I would and why not? I would think you could since you are the creator of the work and don't need a copyright notice to have the copyright. Maybe come up with some terms for the copyright like you can share it as long as you don't charge money for it kind of thing.

Ted
Olympia, WA
N47 02.743 W122 53.772

I never had a problem getting the registration
changed, but the HOV legislation didn't exist until
after I moved out-of-state.
peace,

--- Reverend Gadget <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After being shuttled from agency to agency and back
> have found out that the state has made an agreement
> with the auto makers, that conversions cannot
> qualify
> for any Clean Air perks. Such as HOV lanes. Has
> anyone
> had any luck with this? Let me know what if any luck
> people have had in CA with this stuff.  I'm trying
> get the state to certify us a converters so people
> can
> save a trip to the referee station. It's also
> interesting trying to get people in these state
> agencies to grasp what we are doing. Sheesh!
>

>                    Gadget
>
> visit my websites at www.reverendgadget.com,
> gadgetsworld.org, leftcoastconversions.com

Converting a gen. 5 Honda Civic?  My $20 video/DVD
has my '92 sedan, as well as a del Sol and hatch too!
Learn more at:
www.budget.net/~bbath/CivicWithACord.html
                          ____
                     __/__|__\ __
  =D-------/    -  -         \
                     'O'-----'O'-'
Would you still drive your car if the tailpipe came out of the steering wheel?
Are you saving any gas for your kids?

At 07:00 PM 18/05/06 -0500, Michaela wrote:

Just thinking again (oh my god .. ;)

Wouldn't it be possible to have a second pair of brushes mounted to a
'normal' motor (since regen capable sepex and other dc motors are not easy
to get) and use them for regen?

Sorry no. Lee Hart did a good discussion on this recently - essentially that the brushes are always shorting two bars of the commutator, they are set up to ahort two bars that are *at the same voltage* (this is what timing is about). If they are anywhere else, the brushes are shorting bars at different voltages and would just burn away. In addition you need to drive the field hard enough to make the motor generate - not simple on a standard series motor.

Or maybe a small(er) sized generator
(maybe half the size and with the same diameter, pre-drilled and ready to
slide on the second shaft) that would fit and would be easily mounted to
an, say, advanced dc motor?

That has merit - along the lines of what Rev. Gadget has done with his Triumph conversion (in progress I think).

The hard part I see with this is alignment and mounting to the back of the ADC. It may be better to put an electric clutch on the back of the ADC, and turn on and off a belt-drive to either a honkin' great alternator or a 3-phase AC generator modified to match the pack voltage, mounted along side the ADC.

But a lot of these options start to add up unless you are good at scrounging and DIY, if you were to buy it all new at the same time as the rest of the EV components, and paying someone to mount them, you may as well get a surplus AC system from Metric Mind.

Hope this helps

[Technik] James
At 05:44 PM 18/05/06 -0500, Ryan wrote:
I have wondered about something similar, mounting the motor(s) to the frame of a small truck under the bed.

I see two potential problems. I don't know enough yet to determine how significant they are. 1. This would seem to increase the distance between the controller and the motor(s) unless done carefully and 2. Putting the motor(s) closer to the rear axle would increase the angle that the driveline moves as the suspension compresses and extends.

G'day Ryan

Controller - no problems, except radiating electrical interference more.

Depending on the vehicle and driveline, you may not have to change the drveline geometry. Some vehicles have a 2-part tailshaft, where you have a part that is fixed to the chassis followed by the moving part. As long as you stayed forward of that point you would be fine. Also some gearboxes have a long "snout" out to the tailshaft, again, useable space.

Regards

[Technik] James
I suppose you could actually weld a "tub" in the body over the rear axle for
axle travel and motor clearance instead of raising the back end up. Serious
body modifications as it would have to be stronger than before to carry the
extra weight. Just installing attachment points for leaf springs could get
complex as this is a unibody construction like most modern vehicles. Also,
the ICE engine comes out on a carrier frame with the tranny and front
suspension/wheels attached. You would have to replace the carrier and
suspension without the engine.  Not sure how feasible this is.