  1) RE: Valence
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: thick "primary" and "thinner wire more numerous"  windings on a
 rotor .. step up transformer effect ?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: NiMH working but Unavailable
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: EV Range Records, an' stuff
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) 5th EVer Chapter Conference Photos
        by Peter Eckhoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: PFC and the humming breaker
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Taperlock dilemma
        by "Mark Ward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: 200 miles highway range on flooded lead acid: Is it possible?
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Taperlock dilemma
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dana Havranek)
 10) RE: Finally, some progress to show
        by Mike & Paula Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Aerodynamics .. viktor's idea .. to reduce 'drag' to near zero
 12) Re: Ampabout, Joliet Version
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 13) Re: Aerodynamics .. viktor's idea .. to reduce 'drag' to near zero
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: g'bye Porsche
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Ampabout, Joliet Version
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Regen - as a 'brake'
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Ampabout, Joliet Version
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: NiMH working but Unavailable
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) INTENSE - Hybrid - and EV Training -Wish we could all take iit! LONG
        by Steven Lough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Update on mine...
        by nikki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) RE: Finally, some progress to show
        by Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE: Aerodynamics .. viktor's idea .. to reduce 'drag' to near zero
        by Gnat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Semi-OT Aerodynamic Drag story
        by "John J Januszewski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Regen - as a 'brake'
        by "Death to All Spammers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) RE: Regen - as a 'brake'
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: NiMH working but Unavailable
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) RE: NiMH working but Unavailable
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) NEWS FLASH - NEWS FLASH !!!
        by Steven Lough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 29) RE: Regen - as a 'brake'
        by Chet Fields <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
As for Lithiums, this seems to be the best deal going as they also include
individual battery management and protection.  Kokams, at about the same
price per watt hour, have better energy density but have no BMS or
protection system.  This can easily add another $100 per cell ($8000 for 80
cells for 288V pack).

Don

Don Cameron, Victoria, BC, Canada

see the New Beetle EV project   www.cameronsoftware.com/ev

From: Dave Cover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Suppose you had a brand new shiny taperlock hub. You waited a long time to
> get
> it and were anxious
> to install your motor to build your EV. But there was a problem. The vendor
> drilled the holes
> wrong so you cannot bolt your clutch to the hub. Would there be a problem
> with
> throwing out the
> bolts and having the hub welded directly to the flywheel? Isn't this what
> Gadget
> recommends. I was
> planning on having the flywheel machined to lighten it, maybe I can find a
> machine shop that could
> do both procedures at the same time. It would probably be the fastest way to
> fix
> the problem. I'm
> not worried about the longevity of the flywheel, it won't be getting much
> abuse
> anymore. And I'm
> not interested in taking the time to send the hub back to have them do it
> right.
> I just want to
> get the car together.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave Cover

Dave,
Looks pretty sharp.  What kind of vehicle is that?   I spot painted my Warp
9 with Ford Red after I welded the mounting tabs onto it.  This before I
heard from Ryan at EVSource that Warfield used a paint they had labled as
"Bright Red".  Well not much of a biggie as it is still pretty close.  You
can see the difference in color in my pics at
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/756 .  Its only a slight difference and
yours being totally painted the same color will not cause many to know the
differnce.

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.