  1) Re: Honda to Stop Making Insights
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) re: limiting current
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  3) Joe Sixpack Metro NEV - first stumbling block
        by Darin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) RE: [NEDRA] NEDRA Power of DC Coming Up Sunday June 4
        by "Matthew D. Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Scirocco (Rabbit) suspension upgrade
        by "Paul G." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) RE: Joe Sixpack Metro NEV - first stumbling block
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Honda to Stop Making Insights
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) RE: limiting current
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Honda Insight
        by Puester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Fwd: Re: OT: EV Copyright Infringer strikes again
        by Ken Trough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: OT: EV Copyright Infringer strikes again
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: OT: EV Copyright Infringer strikes again
        by "Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: OT: EV Copyright Infringer strikes again
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Starting again...AGM question
        by michael bearden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Contactor Coil Control
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Lee's regs in action
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 17) Re: Things I'd like to buy from EV suppliers (Update)
        by "Stefan T. Peters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: A123Systems li-ion technology
        by "Philippe Borges" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Things I'd like to buy from EV suppliers (Update)
        by "Stefan T. Peters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: e-max arrived
        by "Rodriguez, Jennifer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Honda Insight
        by Lightning Ryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE: Things I'd like to buy from EV suppliers (Update)
        by "Don Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Joe Sixpack Metro NEV - first stumbling block
        by Darin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Things I'd like to buy from EV suppliers (Update)
        by "Stefan T. Peters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Honda to Stop Making Insights
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: Joe Sixpack Metro NEV - first stumbling block
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) RE: Joe Sixpack Metro NEV - first stumbling block
Rich Rudman wrote:

So... Honda is going to Kill it's Sporty Hybrid... I would kill for one.
Alien Green....Hybrid with some attitude.

For those who read my link (to one of my older stories) in another post about my initial attempts to get the prized 'space alien green' Insight, you now know how much I wanted that color. As it turned out, Honda changed the three original color options...red, silver, and space alien green (they called it Citrus Yellow, but it was far from yellow and more green), to red, silver, and blue in 2001. In the US market, those three colors were all that were offered all the way up to the 2006 model....red, silver, and blue. Honda dropped forever, the coolest of cool colors for the Insight :-( The 2000 model year saw 1500+ cars made, and rumor has it, that only 400 of those cars were space alien green model.......sigh, I don't have one. Any Insight is a limited production car, but to have the space alien green model is to really have a rare car.

See Ya....John Wayland

Roger,
Hopefully I'll alleviate the confusion I caused,

I simply can't pull 430 Amps in the morning.  250 Amps maximum.
The car sits in the sun while on charge at work, so the batteries are
fairly warm.

The only immediate solution now is to calibrate the throttle.

Thanks Roger,

Ben

Hi all -

Today we ran into our first big stumbling block on the Joe Sixpack low-budget NEV/LSV Geo Metro-based project.

So far the progress consists of having obtained a used 36/48V forklift and stripped its drive & pump motors, controller, contactors, potbox, cables, etc. Next we bought two near-death Suzukiclone 2-dr hatchbacks (one Metro, one Swift), and consolidated the good parts into the least rusty car. I learned how to torch braze and fixed a few holes in the floor, and my mechanic gave the work thumbs up and the car breezed through inspection in ICE form last week.

The drivetrain has since been removed, transaxle separated from the ICE ... and we just discovered the 12 inch diameter forklift drive motor that we were hoping to use is about half an inch too big: there won't be enough clearance for the halfshaft axle that goes from the transaxle, alongside the "back" of the motor, to the wheel.

Brainstorming, several options came to mind:

- Could we offset the drive motor from the transaxle input shaft and connect the two with gears, a short chain, or cogged belt?

- Could we omit an axle and modify the differential for one-wheel drive? (Likely revealing my ignorance of how diff's work here.)

- We *could* use one of the forklift's smaller (8 inch) hydraulic pump motors, but they have internally splined shafts, which will require replacement/modification to be useful.

We would prefer to use the main drive motor if possible, since it's matched to the controller, having a field weakening circuit. Also it was serviced a few years ago.

Any suggestions, comments and tall tales would be welcome!

- Darin

Hey John,

Thanks for the well wishes, but don't look at it like the "anti-EV vortex"
it appears to be. Look at it this way: I live a charmed life, and this is
really just a way for Mother Nature to make sure that Joule Injected makes
it into the 12s before White Zombie gets into the 11s. So after I make the
triumphant post to the EV and NEDRA lists, I expect to hear a "Me, too!"
post from you after you make it back to PIR!
 ;-)

After this soggy weekend for you, when might that be? Wednesday night drags?

According to weather.com, Sunday in Hagerstown should boast a high of 85
degrees, a 10% chance of precipitation, with "abundant sunshine." Part 2 of
Joule Injected's nationwide travels begins next Thursday night. See you all
at the races!

Matt Graham
300V "Joule Injected" Nissan
http://www.jouleinjected.com