  1) Re: Starting again...AGM question
        by "John Westlund" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: clutch or clutchless
        by "steve clunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: e-max arrived
        by Aaron NMLUG-EV <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Things I'd like to buy from EV suppliers (Update)
        by Mike Chancey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: clutch or clutchless
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Things I'd like to buy from EV suppliers (Update)
        by "Michaela Merz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Things I'd like to buy from EV suppliers (Update)
        by "Michaela Merz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Electravan sold by word of EVlist
  9) Re: Starting again...AGM question
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) high power system available (was Re: Things I'd like to buy from EV
suppliers (Update))
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Joe Sixpack Metro NEV - first stumbling block
        by Darin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Things I'd like to buy from EV suppliers (Update)
        by Neon John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: clutch or clutchless
        by nikki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: clutch or clutchless
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Starting again...AGM question, NEXT!
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: clutch or clutchless
        by "Tom Carpenter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Electravan sold by word of EVlist
        by "Bob Rice" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Lee's regs in action
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Hi voltage DC-DC problem
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Lee's regs in action
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Hi voltage DC-DC problem
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE: clutch or clutchless
        by "Mark Fowler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Lee's regs in action
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Joe Sixpack Metro NEV - first stumbling block
$85!!?

Those are as cheap as Trojans!

A 156V pack would weigh 950 pounds and deliver 12480 Wh at
the 1 hour rate. A highly efficient 130 wh/mile EV would get
100 miles range! A more realistic 200 wh/mile small EV would
get 60 miles range.

Do you know how well they hold up with routine high
discharge rates, like around 700+ amps? I know they're rated
at 720 CCA, which is pretty good.

Anything on cycle life?

Their published specs are here:

http://www.cetsolar.com/PDF/UB121100 (30H.pdf

If the manufacturer's specs are accurate, a Blue Meanie
style EV with high range could be built for roughly
$7,000-8,000, and have similar performance that the car is
reknown for. That would kick ass! I'd gladly build my
Triumph around a platform like that if the battery can take
the abuse.

Blue Meanie's 156V of Optimas allow what? 125 kW from the
battery side cranking out 1,000 amps and sagging to 9.6V?

At .004 ohms, these UB121100 batteries in theory would allow
98 kW assuming 13.6V coming off a full charge and limit to
700 amps? If they can take 1,000 amps regularly, power can
be upped to the level of the Optimas.

That would give comparable performance to Blue Meanie in a
car of similar weight.

Imagine a 2,400 pound conversion with the smallest Zilla
available, 9" WarP motor, and 156V pack of these batteries.
$7,000-8,000 conversion, with regs and PFC charger. 0-60 mph
about 6 seconds, top speed around 120 mph... And in a car
with aerodynamic modifications to high hell for 130 wh/mile
at 60 mph, 100 miles range to full discharge. That would
fucking rule!

So, are these batteries up to providing high power? What
about cycle life?

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Some cars shift better that others with out the clutch but I would say all shift better not using the clutch when electric . I've felt the tranny's synchronizer speed up the motor , when down shifting ( just to see if it would) in some cars , which I don't think would happen with a gas engine. Best car I remember for no clutch shifting was the Honda prelude and the worst was a VW , . Having a air condustioner hooked to the motor's tail shift and trunning it on when shifting will help slow the motor down to line up the gears , other wise you do have to wait for the free spinning motor to slow down and this makes the shift take awhile . A zilla 1k/ 9" motor is I believe , right on the edge of what most clutches can take . I bought a racing clutch for my go fast truck and it slipped with my 2k , I'm now clutchless and the only thing slipping is the tires .
Steve Clunn

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Shabino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>