  1) Re: Rev Gadget Nimh D Cell Pack
        by "Adrian DeLeon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Rev Gadget Nimh D Cell Pack
        by Steve Powers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: OT re:WKTEC GM's Reply/Blog
        by "ProEV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) My Rear End
        by "Mark E. Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Better range with low seat height
        by Chet Fields <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Trying to understand shunt regs
        by "Mark Fisher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: who's reviving the electric car?
        by "Michaela Merz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Chris Paine to Ride in White Zombie
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Rev Gadget Nimh D Cell Pack
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) RE: Chris Paine to Ride in White Zombie
        by "Matthew D. Graham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: who's reviving the electric car?
        by "Peri Hartman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Trying to understand shunt regs
        by Christopher Zach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Aero shaft drive idea.
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 14) Re: Chris Paine to Ride in White Zombie
        by Jim Husted <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Aero shaft drive idea.
 16) Re: Rev Gadget Nimh D Cell Pack
        by "Jonathan Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Trying to understand shunt regs
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Aero shaft drive idea.
        by Mark Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Rev Gadget Nimh D Cell Pack
        by "Edward Ang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Rev Gadget Nimh D Cell Pack- Gaia converters
        by Rod Hower <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Small, high-power delivery batteries
        by James Massey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Small AC Drive systems
        by "Chris Brune" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Keep AGMs under 14V, was: Trying to understand shunt regs
        by Cor van de Water <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) RE: Keep AGMs under 14V, was: Trying to understand shunt regs
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) "Who Killed the Electric Car" radio blurb tomorrow (Friday) morning on CBC
Radio One at 8:36am Central.
        by "Mike Ellis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: OT re:WKTEC GM's Reply
        by "jmygann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Fun at the Movies...Chris Paine meets White Zombie!
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 28) Re: OT re:WKTEC GM's Reply
David Dymaxion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The L.A. Weekly article said Gadget is doing a D cell
Nimh pack for a custom conversion he is doing.
How much would such a pack cost?

You can buy 9AH NiMH D cells @ $10 each from Mouser, Digi-Key, Jameco, etc. A 120V, 90AH pack would be 1000 batteries or ~$10K + BMS + charging + thermal, etc.

I've dreamt of using 30 NiMH D's as a 36V, 9AH battery for my bicycle. Could a 30 cell NiMH string be safely trickle charged @ C/10 for 15 hours without a BMS? My 8 cell R/C airplane packs seem to survive it OK. Wonder if I could stuff them inside the bike frame :)

Adrian

About a year ago, I attempted to string together some high cap AA cells.

  NICD
  AA
  1.7 AH each

  They were RFE in packs of 6 AA ea with thermal protection.  I put together
"bricks" of 5 of these packs each in parallel = 7.2 V x 8.5 AH.  Then, I took 5
of these building blocks and strung them in series to make a 36 V x 8.5 AH.  It
was thermally fused all over the place so no cell could go over 1 A nominal
discharge, max 2.5 A.  So, you could pull about 5 A off the thing, up to about
10 A before it would shut down.  I planned to build many of these "power
sticks" and run them in series parallel for a 72 V x 51 AH pack and use it in a
car.  Because of the thermal fuese, I couldn't pull over 50 A ...  But, it
turns out that I needed more like 144 V x 180 AH to make anything decent.  I
didn't have enough batteries for that, so they are all still sitting in my
storage area.  I didn't have any issues charging or discharging at those rates
with the 5 pack in parallel, but I didn't really do any extensive testing and I
wasn't using high currents.

  Steve

Adrian DeLeon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  David Dymaxion wrote:

> The L.A. Weekly article said Gadget is doing a D cell
> Nimh pack for a custom conversion he is doing.
> How much would such a pack cost?

You can buy 9AH NiMH D cells @ $10 each from Mouser, Digi-Key, Jameco,
etc. A 120V, 90AH pack would be 1000 batteries or ~$10K + BMS + charging
+ thermal, etc.

I've dreamt of using 30 NiMH D's as a 36V, 9AH battery for my bicycle.
Could a 30 cell NiMH string be safely trickle charged @ C/10 for 15 hours
without a BMS? My 8 cell R/C airplane packs seem to survive it OK. Wonder
if I could stuff them inside the bike frame :)

Adrian

Mike,

Is this an 'Internet' fact<G> or did you do you have some sort of data to support it?

What kills me is with all of this talk of GM and FC technology,
only
3% of this list has a BMS in their EV.

Mike

Cliff
www.ProEV.com

In the interest of efficiency & reducing rear end noise, I took out the Mobile
1 synthetic in my Cushman rear end & replaced it with Lucas synthetic oil
stabalizer per NAPA recommendation.  The top worm gear & ring (I just replaced)
is now operating cooler but more noticeably the wheel bearings that were
squeeking a bit are now quiet.  The oil appears tackier and is probably slung
up to the top gear and stays there longer.  Also when the motor coasts, the
differential is quieter during that mode as well.

  BTW, someone had a controller going to 130F (54C) and thought that was hot
but it is not.  Mine goes regularly to 130-140F, the thermal cut back I used to
design for at GE-EV was 90C (194F) where the controller would cut back the
current to not exceed that heat sink temperature.

  Best Regards,

http://www.coolfuelroadtrip.com/technology.htm

Click on Cool Fuel Vehicles, then Electra Cruiser.

--- Lawrence Rhodes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Got any specs on that?  I can't find anything on the web.  Lawrence
> Rhodes...

Lee, Steve and all:

Thanks you for your help. The bulb was in fact blown. In fact, I blew another one before things were working properly. It does help to put the cathodes to the positive pole!
(-)                               (+)
-----|>]----(/\/\/)----|>]------
    z-6.8V  PR2     z-6.8V

Here is a photo of the setup:

http://www.x-plane.org/home/mf70/_data/Prototype-shunts.JPG

My hope is that I can put the shunts in a line so they can be easily monitored.

They are heatsinked by being epoxied into stretched-out 12GA ring terminals, which are bolted to the aluminum strip as the heat sink. (West marine was willing to sell me #6 terminals for $1.25 EACH! I didn't "bite.") I'll use dielectric compound and proper size screws in the final installation. I think this will be enough area to dissapate 40W of heat, which would only occur above 61 volts - higher than I hope to go for the 48V pack!

I'll also dip each lamp-zener assembly in epoxy as electrical insulation. The lines to the batteries are also fused. Having the heat sink run across the exposed zener leads is a little exciting. I'll secure the heat sink mechanically, and probably put heat-shrink on the leads as well to reduce the chance of chafe.

In use, with a mis-matched pair of batteries, the shunt across the better battery indeed glows. Even at float voltage of 27.6V, the "working" zeners are quite warm.

Thanks again,
Mark
http://www.austinev.org/evalbum/822

> > Here is the current vs. voltage relationship.
> >
> > Current Voltage
> > ------- -------
> > 0.1ma   12.46v
> > 1ma     12.88v  negligible current when not on charge
> > 10ma    13.18v
> > 100ma   13.60v  starts bypassing when battery exceeds gassing threshold
> > 200ma   14.42v        lamp begins to glow
> > 500ma   15.24v  lamp fully lit and limiting current

> Now do the same for EVs. The KOA campground thing would be a great start -
> imagine KOA billboards advertising "EV charging available". Even if no EVs
> ever get charged at a KOA (aren't most of them in the middle of nowhere?),
> the resulting EV exposure goes way up. Once the billboard is amended it's
> free advertising. The beauty here is that no actual charging stations need
> to be built!

Exactly my point. While some of those KOAs are in the middle of nowhere,
quite a few are at interesting locations (see
http://www.koa.com/where/usa.htm). It might be a win/win situation: The
campground owners get an additional income source (well.. at least
theoretically ;) and the EV community gets coverage and charging
opportunities.

And - wouldn't it be nice to be add a few hundered charging stations to
the list ? And: EVs might become an interesting alternative to thousands
of RVers who pull their cars behind motorhomes ...

But that should only serve as an example of how to create awareness
without shelling out thousands of dollars. I would wish that EAA would
take advantage of Wal Marts new found 'green soul' in suggesting to have
charging ports at all WalMarts. The new 'Greening of America (NewsWeek)'
NOW gives tremedous opportunities to move forward. The momentum is there.
Use it or lose it.

mm.

A quick note....a few photos from last night's fun with Chris Paine are up under the 'Photos' section at the Plasma Boy web page. Look for a detailed post later tonight. My best line of the night, after Chris had told me he'd ridden in tZero...."OK, so you you've ridden in a slow EV, now it's time to ride in a fast one!"

See Ya.....John Wayland

http://www.plasmaboyracing.com

Adrian DeLeon wrote:
> I've dreamt of using 30 NiMH D's as a 36V, 9AH battery for my bicycle.
> Could a 30 cell NiMH string be safely trickle charged @ C/10 for 15
> hours without a BMS? My 8 cell R/C airplane packs seem to survive
> it OK.

Nimh cells don't last long if you trickle charge them. They do in
consumer products all the time, though, as it is cheap. The consumer
will throw the thing away before it accumulates more than a couple
hundred cycles.

If you want to go without a BMS, use nicads. They tolerate trickle
charging quite well. A nicad D cell is more like 4 amphours, and will
almost certainly last longer and have lower internal resistance than a
nimh D cell without battery management.

Hey John,

Great quote! I'm sure he had a blast. Looking forward to your post with the
details.

It's nice to see you've got a little tread back on the tires in picture 3!

Matt Graham
300V "Joule Injected" Nissan
http://www.jouleinjected.com
Hobe Sound, FL

A quick note....a few photos from last night's fun with Chris Paine are up
under the 'Photos' section at the Plasma Boy web page. Look for a detailed
post later tonight. My best line of the night, after Chris had told me he'd
ridden in tZero...."OK, so you you've ridden in a slow EV, now it's time to
ride in a fast one!"

See Ya.....John Wayland

http://www.plasmaboyracing.com

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- You know, if plug-in hybrids catch on, that may increase demand for EV charging stations. So, the quest for EV PR could turn out to get a boost from this independent interest for charging.

Peri Hartman

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michaela Merz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[...]

Actually, an interesting thing I am noticing about the Lee regs:

When I charge the car with the Magnecharger and watch the pack with the E-meter, the regs do interesting stuff to the voltage charge points. For example: My wife took the Prizm (300v, 52ah pack with 2 strings 26ah batteries, 30ah max reasonable discharge, 3 years old now) out on a run last night. 20 miles, 19ah down.

When plugged into the MC, the batteries sat at around 315-319 volts at a 11a charge rate (constant current) to about 4ah remaining. Then when I checked in later, the charger had hit the 340 volt setpoint and was charging at 2a rate with 2ah to go. However the voltage was down to 330 volts.

This morning, the pack was charged. E-meter read +.6ah up (98% CEF I think, I'll double check) but I don't think the voltage ever goes above 350 volts actual.

Reason why is this: The MC does temp compensation and I put the temp probes on the battery interconnects. When the regs start going, you can tell because the lugs warm up which warms the interconnects and gives false high readings to the temp sensors. I've programmed the MC to throttle back voltage when it sees this and hit it's setpoints early.

What I see is that the MC charges away at full blast for about 80% of the charge time. When the pack hits around 2ah down from full, the regs come on all over the place (they have hit 13.8 average) and the MC throttles down. It then charges away at 2a rate for the last 2-3ah, which is a bit over the reg capacity (2*500ma=1a rate they can reg) but below what should vent a hawker.

So far the pack has been using the regs since march or so and has not blown up. I still have the 20 mile range without dropping the batteries below 275 (11vpb) under load. This isn't bad. And when the pack is cold, I can plug it in with the dolphin and have the pack rip up to 389 volts at a 2a charge rate within an hour, so the batteries probably really are full.

I guess my question is do these numbers seem sane based on other people's reg experiences? I'm planning on dropping the pack in October to see how it looks, but can you really charge batteries like this while only going to 14 volts per battery on average?

> > Hi Dave an' EVerybody;
>
>    I'll throw this one in for ideas; The University of New Haven ran a small
> truk, Chevy?In the Tour De Sol, using the rear end from an old VW bug. The
> newer independent setup. They had lottsa room for batteries amodships, no
> driveshaft, and the VW rear is used to the motor hanging out the back. Far
> as I know, nobody ELSE has done this?Ya can hook up the linkage to shift
> gears, too.
>
>     Seeya
>
>     Bob

Bob, ya see this every year when you visit, remember the G-vans? They have the
RE flipped backwards and the motor pointing towards the rear bumper and it
drives thru a V-drive type setup. Huge battery pack room and weight centered
between the wheels. I didn't reply earlier as I originally thought Lawrence
was talking about doing this with a motorcycle. TTYS, David Chapman.

FastQ Communications
Providing Innovative Internet Solutions Since 1993

Hey John

  I'm so pleased that you got to pull it off last night and you even got a
quick post out to.  I'm also way pumped you thought of me and got an extra
poster, wait, no you didn't   8^ (
  I guess you did just give me an inside call about last night, nice to know
you think of me once all the fun stuffs played out, LMAO!  I can't wait till it
hits Bend on August 11th, though I doubt Chris will be there handing out signed
posters though...

  Hey I'm not going to ruin the plot for EVeryone and I can't wait to read the
full post.
  Cya

John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hello to All,

A quick note....a few photos from last night's fun with Chris Paine are
up under the 'Photos' section at the Plasma Boy web page. Look for a
detailed post later tonight. My best line of the night, after Chris had
told me he'd ridden in tZero...."OK, so you you've ridden in a slow EV,
now it's time to ride in a fast one!"

See Ya.....John Wayland

http://www.plasmaboyracing.com

Oops I forgot to mention this is a motorcycle idea.  LR........
From: "Victor Tikhonov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> BTW, DC systems perhaps could benefit from this concept,
> but I'm not aware of any implementing a motor model.
> Thus usually any motor goes and a temp sensor(s) is all the
> feed back. Watching not to burn the motor while utilizing
> maximum it can give is user's problem then.

Chris,

Since you have a string of 25 batteries, you can easily limit
the Dolphin to 275V to keep the voltage at 15V per battery,
there is no benefit in putting more than 15V on an AGM, and
the 16+ volts you are using will only speed up the corrosion.

Keeping the battery charging below 14V is exactly what I do
and I think that Lee also confirmed that he charges his pack
with a very mild voltage every time and occasionally (once
or twice a month) bring them up to a voltage close to 15V at
a low current, so they can equalize without venting.

The low voltage during most recharges prevents early
dying AGMs from grid corrosion.
Equalizing all the cells in every battery by a controlled and
low-current over-charge to 15V is required once in a while to
keep them all in the same playing field.

Continue this and you will get healthy OLD batteries.

Success,

Cor van de Water
Systems Architect
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Private: http://www.cvandewater.com
Skype: cor_van_de_water    IM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:   +1 408 542 5225     VoIP: +31 20 3987567 FWD# 25925
Fax:   +1 408 731 3675     eFAX: +31-87-784-1130
Proxim Wireless Networks   eFAX: +1-610-423-5743
Take your network further  http://www.proxim.com

Cor van de Water wrote:

> Since you have a string of 25 batteries, you can easily limit
> the Dolphin to 275V to keep the voltage at 15V per battery,
                 ^^^^
                 375V

> there is no benefit in putting more than 15V on an AGM, and

You might want to argue this point with the folks at Optima ;^>

While you may not want to hold the batteries at 15V for any length of
time, it is definitely proposed that there are definite benefits
associated with *allowing* an Optima to exceed 15V during the constant
current finish.

That said, AGMs tend to be more finicky in their particular charge
requirements than floodeds (i.e. while you can charge most floodeds more
or less the same and get away with it, AGM manufacturers tend to have
more diverse and specific charging recommendations for their particular
product that differ from or even conflict with other manufacturer's
recommnedations), so when in doubt follow *your battery* manufacturer's
recommendations.

There will be a "Who Killed the Electric Car" radio blurb tomorrow
(Friday) morning on CBC Radio One at 8:36am Central.

http://www.cbc.ca/listen/index.html# for streaming audio.

-Mike

what is " energy Farming " ?

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Potentially large acreages of energy farming could be much cheaper
than
> solar cells.

I had written:

>...a few photos from last night's fun with Chris Paine are up at the Plasma Boy web page. Look for a detailed post later tonight....

Then this from Jim Husted:

>I'm so pleased that you got to pull it off last night...I'm not going to ruin the plot for EVeryone and I can't wait to read the full post.

OK, here's 'the rest of the story'......As is typical, this all started bad, very bad. In Portland, Oregon, once we get past July 4th or so, you can count on Summer weather, we're talking little to no rain and 85-95 degree temps the norm through August. So, anyone wanna guess where I'm going with this? Yup, that damn anti-EV vortex is still after me! I'm not kidding. After 20+ days of sun and warm weather, and with Chris and his crew arriving in town for the big film debut (and a scheduled Zombie ride), a weird July cold front was forecast for mid-week, most likely Wednesday. Geesh! In fact, you just couldn't get a more deliberate conspiracy from the weather man, with his 7 day forecast showing 85-90 degrees Monday and Tuesday, then plummeting temps and rain 'only' on Wednesday, then Thursday and Friday rebounding into the 80s with Saturday and Sunday heading into the 90s again. It seems at every possibility for an EVent this year, weird weather has done it's best to kill it!

Yesterday morning as I awoke early to start my forklift wrenching day, the smell of fresh wet air wafted through the bedroom window. Right on queue, on the exact day that of the movie debut, the rare for July cold front has rolled in off the Pacific and it's raining! All day long, it rained. I'm in the back of my service truck doing this and that, and all I can hear is the sound of rain beating down on the aluminum roof...damn! To make matters worse, my planned 'easy' day (so I could get off work early at 3:00) is anything but easy and is rapidly going south on me, with one customer freaking out because five, count 'em, five lift trucks are down all at the same time and I've got to get them back on line before I can go home. I call for backup to get an extra tech to help out, but it seems all the techs were slammed on this day...nice! I'm building here, so bear with me......

By noon, it's still raining, and as I get something repaired and back in service, operators keep stopping by on forklifts carrying more dead pallet jacks over to me. By two, it's raining even harder and the skies are getting darker. By three, it's still raining. Work continued to get more insane and each time I got caught up, another repair would show up. The grand total of dead lift trucks came to eight. At near 4:00 however, the rain stopped, the clouds began to go away, and patches of blue showed up as the roads began to dry. Man, was I going to get a break?

I arrived at my house and hour and a half later than planned at 4:30. My wife's work day had also went crazy and though she had planned to meet me at the house at around 3:30, she didn't get home until after 4:00. The plan was, that she and I would take Blue Meanie, and Tim would drive White Zombie. The rain thing had just tweaked with me all day, work had gone to hell in a hand basket, and I had cars waiting at home to prep for a show that I really needed a couple of hours for. Now it was getting late and there was little time left to get the cars spiffed up. I had also wanted to take both out for a 4-5 mile 'wake-up run' with subsequent recharges to get their juices flowing. Blue Meanie in particular, with its 6+ year old Optimas, would never make a 12 mile round trip to the show and back unless I exercised the old pack before hand. Yeah, things had certainly not gone as I had hoped for. I was tired and dirty with a combination of sweat and hydraulic fluid, I stunk...I was stressed out over everything. Nothing like a shower though, to wash away problems, and by 5-ish I emerged a refreshed Plasma Boy. Tim too, had one of those days but in perfect timing fashion, he was at my door as I was ready to go out it.

We had wanted to be at the theater by 5:30 or so to get both of my EVs in the lineup near the theater entrance with other EVs from the OEVA group, and, we wanted meet up with Chris before show time. Instead, we hadn't left my house, it was already after 5:00, and nothing had been done yet. My wife isn't a real happy camper when things go this way. All three of us were hungry, too. I'm still building here......

Blue Meanie gets put on charge to top its pack off...White Zombie, too. At full charge (445V), Zombie's charger is shut down and the pack rests at 404V right after. The Chris Brune DC-DC is put on line as the 12V system jumps to 14.4V and the packs settles in at 391 volts.

Time for Tim to take the car out for a spin. He goes up the shop driveway and is almost to the road, when the car suddenly looses power and coasts to a stop. WHAT???? Nooo-oooh, not now! A second press-down on the throttle allows the car to make it onto the street, then it dies again. This is definitely bad timing! What’s up with this? We got the car back into the shop, hooked up the Mac, and pulled all these Zilla codes: 1124 (Main contactor stuck on), 1141 (main contactor high resistance), 1221 (Major Overspeed Either Motor Beyond red line by X), 1224 (SLI Battery too low and caused shutdown of controller), 1231 (Propulsion pack open, no contactor drop, and controller is not responding). Geez, what the heck?

So now, it’s 5:30, we’re sill in the driveway working on a broken car that’s expected to be at the show as one of the attractions, Blue Meanie ‘really’ needs to be taken out for pack warm-up (or we’ll never make the round trip), and we’re starving. Cheryl comes out with ice cream treats and though she knows things aren’t going well, she says nothing as she hands them to us. This is ‘not’ what I needed after the day I’d had! Tim and I tried to figure out the codes. I hadn’t cleared them since I had raced a few weekends ago, so the older 1224 code made sense...that was when I was driving home pre DC-DC and the 12V battery had lost its will (7-6-06 Electrics Wow the PIR Crowd Friday Night!). So did the 1141, because the contactor had dropped out due to the low 12V problem on that night. The 1231 code happens often, as both Tim and I occasionally forget to insert the interior emergency disconnect handle before atempting to boot up the Zilla. That left us with the freshly imprinted codes 1124 and 1221. Tim was all over it, and within a few minutes, had discovered the rpm sensor’s input lead to the Hairball had come loose...no input from that sensor while flag ‘a’ is on, and you’ll get that 1221 code! The 1124 then made sense, because when the car died due to the tach drive thing, the contactor did not drop out, thus the Zilla said the contactor was ‘stuck on’ because it was still on when the controller had shut itself down.

After reinserting the sensor’s wire at the Hairball and cinching it up with a small screw driver, all was well and the Zombie was ready to roll. Time now, nearly 5:45 pm. Tim takes the car out for the drive, while I take Blue Meanie for a short 1/2 mile cruise through the neighborhood, then return and put it back on charge. That would be all the time I had to freshen up the Meanie’s pack. Tim got back, the car was charged up again, and after quick wipe-downs and vacuum jobs, we were finally ready to leave for the show...it’s now 6:10 pm.

We drove conservatively to the theater, about 6 miles from the Wayland home. Blue Meanie’s tired old 156V pack of Optimas hung in there fairly well, but make no mistake, the days of seeing 165 volts while cruising at 40 mph are gone, replaced these days with 149-152 volts and lots of sag under any type of acceleration. At the theater, as I had assumed, there were no charging outlets to help the Meanie’s pack out. White Zombie’s pack laughed at the drive and still registered 185 volts on the Emeter!

The presentation of EVs was great. Going from memory, there was Gary Graunke’s silver AC powered Insight, Ralph Merwin’s super clean teal Geo Prism EV, a white electric Chevy S10 pickup, Myles Twete’s show stopper dark navy 1921 Milburn EV, Blue Meanie and White Zombie, and a couple other EVs I can’t clearly recall (sorry to those I’ve forgotten). There were lots of people gathering to see the electric cars, lots of video cameras, lots of digital cameras, lots of excitement! As I’m doing my typical show and tell of Blue Meanie (as always, the remote controlled motorized rear battery tray was a big hit), Tim is working a group of folks curious about White Zombie. I had talked with quite few people, but there was this one guy who was very intrigued with the under-hood area of Blue Meanie, and so we chatted for perhaps 10 minutes before he said to me, “Oh, by the way, I’m Chris” (as he gives me a firm hand shake). I was pretty embarrassed that I had not recognized him. We migrated over to White Zombie, where his face erupted into a very big EV grin as he took in its ‘racing attitude’. I told him Rod Wilde had asked me to present him with a pair of rubber shorts to prepare him for his Zombie ride, but Chris' wit was readily apparent when he instantly quipped back, "Oh that's OK, I've already got them on...wear them all the time." I knew I'd like this guy! We decided to wait until after the show for his ride experience.

At a little before 7:00 the line formed to go into the theater, so show and tell was over and the real show was about to begin.

To be continued...

See Ya....John Wayland

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- A biological farm to produce fuel. Biodiesel, ethanol, methane gas, potato clocks, etc.

Danny