  1) Re: wrapping up the regen discussion
        by "FRED JEANETTE MERTENS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Regenerative Clamper
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Rednecks and EVs
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: "largish" brushless motors available
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Motor to Axle Options
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Potboxes
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Converting my F-150
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Potboxes
        by "BadFishRacing" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: Rednecks and EVs
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) RE: "bulging" case a visual sign of a bad floodie? - Not really
        by robert mat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: "largish" brushless motors available
        by "Kaido Kert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: "largish" brushless motors available
        by "Kaido Kert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: "bulging" case a visual sign of a bad floodie? - Not really
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Motor to Axle Options
 15) Re: wrapping up the regen discussion
 16) Re: "bulging" case a visual sign of a bad floodie? - Not really
        by Frank John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: EVLN(Pune's no-frills rapid recharging stations)
        by "peekay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: HOW TO DRIVE AN EV FOR MAXIMUM RANGE.   Re: EVLN(Tofu maker Toya
pulses & glides his hybrid to nenpimania)
        by "peekay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: "bulging" case a visual sign of a bad floodie? - Not really
        by Elizabeth Milley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) EV's on eBay
        by "joe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: HOW TO DRIVE AN EV FOR MAXIMUM RANGE.   Re: EVLN(Tofu maker Toya
pulses & glides his hybrid to nenpimania)
        by robert mat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) GM Kills the Volt .......... Vote
        by Joseph Lado <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: "robert mat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> If you've been watching an ammeter carefully, you can see how its possible
to reduce amps by ~80% at little cost in speed, by coasting, once the EV has
gone up to speed (assuming no regen brakes. My motor is an Advanced 9 inch.)

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- I'm just the nosey wife of a lurker, but hasn't anyone noticed that Greenpeace report is already almost 15 years out of date? Conditions may be worse, better, or the same -- but a lot of changes have taken place everywhere in 15 years. From what I've observed, the EV world has certainly morphed in that time.

On Apr 14, 2007, at 3:45 AM, Mike Willmon wrote:

I don't believe the hype. Even without reading this report I'm biased to believe that with the price of lead going up 5x in 5 years ($0.20/lb to $0.98/lb) that 67 lbs of lead in a battery oughtta be worth recycling, especially with an industrial facility
set up for the purpose :-O

Recycled? The Greenpeace report, available on the net, is titled, "The Myth of Automobile Battery Recycling." Read it yet?

Michael Moore says he doesn't recycle because its a fraud.

Revived Battery EV going up long, steep Lions Gate Bridge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymFIVX9VgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45kPks7UYss

Cheers,
Rob

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- A couple of Eagles on eBay this AM - dead batteriesneed to be replaced - good starters for someone in the Orlando, FL area. Item #180106819742
is one of them.

Joe

Yes, from experience. We discovered this years ago, and called it "throttle
blipping" on Currie ebikes. (Said to be hard on chain-stretch, though.)

Observation, not physics: When the etruck is up to desired speed, lighten up on
the throttle, watch amps drop ~80%. Because of mass of vehicle, speed is almost
the same, usually to the next stoplight.

EV run from Revived Batteries - Ammerter - Lions Gate Bridge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45kPks7UYss

peekay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: hello robert

can you elaborate a bit .. i guess you ARE talking from
real life experience

..peekay

> If you've been watching an ammeter carefully, you can see how its possible
to reduce amps by ~80% at little cost in speed, by coasting, once the EV has
gone up to speed (assuming no regen brakes. My motor is an Advanced 9 inch.)

Revived Battery EV going up Lions Gate Bridge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymFIVX9VgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45kPks7UYss

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

It looks like GM, in all its infinite wisdom, has taken the VOLT
Vote down. They did so just as the vote was fast approaching the half million
mark. On April 7 I took snap shot of the survey and it stood at just under
450,000 votes tallied of which 446,118 said that GM should build the VOLT and
another 445,187 voters said to GM that they would buy the vehicle if it were
made. Big, big numbers to say the least, however, I was hoping that the vote
would reach the psychological milestone of 500,000. There is just no denying a
number like half a million votes. If GM ever says there isn’t enough demand for
alternative fuel vehicles remind them that they can use their fingers and their
toes to count. Read on for action.

The psychological symbol of going over a half a million I
think was too great for GM to simply let stand. It could virtually eliminate
their ability to deny that there is sufficient demand for ultra fuel efficient
vehicles and vehicles that operate on alternative fuels. Their willingness to
remove the Volt vote speaks volumes about GM’s commitment to putting into the
market place innovations that have the highest possibility of saving us from
the wild price swings of being attached to one source of fuel for our
automobiles. Prices for gasoline in my area as of April 13, 2007 were at
approximately $3.00 a gallon. We
need to press upon GM and the other automakers that we as consumers want these
greener products.

So here is what we are going to do. What we are going to do
is to talk directly to GM through their Chevrolet Contact Us page. We are going
to ask GM to put the Volt vote site back up, of course maintaining the votes
already cast. To do this go to the Web address below and put something like
this in the message:

 “I want buy a vehicle
like the Volt that uses clean electricity most of the time, but has the ability
to operate continuously through the use of a generator allowing me to go long
distances. Please put the Volt Vote site back up so that I can register my
vote.”

http://www.chevrolet.com/contactus/getinformation/

PS. If any of you were able to capture a screen shot of the
Volt Vote after the 7th and before they took it off the website
please show us what the final numbers were. Thank you. JL