  1) Re: Lithium batteries & safety
        by "Kaido Kert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) EVLN(Miles Javlon EV $30k, 150mi range, 80mph in 2008)
        by bruce parmenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: Killacycle comes to the Wayland Invitational III
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Lithium batteries & safety
        by "Osmo S." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Breaking in a new pack
        by "Roger Daisley @ R J Ranch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Lithium batteries (was: Re: Excellent GM Volt video)
        by Tony Hwang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: Transmission Choice
        by "Pestka, Dennis J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Excellent GM Volt video
        by Jeff Shanab <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Lithium batteries & safety
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 10) Re: Electric lawn mower
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 11) Re: Killacycle comes to the Wayland Invitational III
        by John Wayland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Excellent GM Volt video
        by "Kaido Kert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) electric mower /list bug
        by <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Last Call  Lee Hart Battery balancer mail thread
        by John RA Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Last Call  Lee Hart Battery balancer mail thread
        by John RA Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) darn press!
        by mike golub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) article: SPY PHOTOS: Tesla Roadster
        by Paul Wujek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) DJ-5E
        by Jeff Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: article: SPY PHOTOS: Tesla Roadster
        by "Peter Gabrielsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Re: Excellent GM Volt video
        by "Timothy Balcer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: article: SPY PHOTOS: Tesla Roadster
        by "Rich Rudman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: article: SPY PHOTOS: Tesla Roadster
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: darn press!
        by Eric Poulsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Excellent GM Volt video
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: wrapping up the regen discussion
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) Re: "largish" brushless motors available
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: ACIM power
On 4/19/07, Osmo S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So, I did a nail puncture test with fully charged cells at 60 degree
Celsius (140 F). Both Kokam 40 Ah High Power cell and A123 caught
quite an agressive fire, that lasted several minutes. That would
propably make the other cells of the pack to catch a fire also.

Woah, hold on there, A123 has repeatedly claimed that their cells wont
catch fire when punctured.
http://www.google.com/search?q=a123+nail+test
Are you saying you have proven otherwise ?

-kert

EVLN(Miles Javlon EV $30k, 150mi range, 80mph in 2008)
[The Internet Electric Vehicle List News. For Public EV
informational purposes. Contact publication for reprint rights.]
--- {EVangel}
http://www.evworld.com/article.cfm?storyid=1228
Miles Automotive Introduces Javlon Electric Car
By Bill Moore [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Exclusive EV World Premium video interview with Miles Automotive
[ http://milesautomotive.com ] fleet sales manager I. Zion Enos.
Premium Feature Article Originally Published: April 16, 2007

[PHOTO CAPTION:
 http://www.evworld.com/images/miles_javlon.jpg
Built in Miles Automotive's Tianjin, China factory, the
Corolla-sized Javlon is likely to be the first all-electric,
highway-capable sedan to go on sale in America in as little as 18
months time. Range will be 150 miles on per charge, top speed will
be 85 mph and the target price between $29 and $31,000 dollars, not
including various federal and state incentives and rebates.]

You can't help but respect and admire a guy with eight names you
can't pronounce and who decides to use Biblical names instead.

That was my introduction to I. Zion Enos, who explained to me that
since he is Hawaiian and has eight unpronounceable names, unless
you're fluent in Hawaiian beyond "aloha", he chose to use names
from the Bible that most closely match the meaning of his name in
his native language.

Enos was the point man for Miles Automotive electric car display at
the AFVi conference + expo in Anaheim earlier this month. The booth
boasted three vehicles, the ZX40 and the OR70, the later of which
turns out to be not quite as "highway-capable" as we here at EV
World had assumed.

It has a top speed of 40 mph (the web site says 35), which puts it
in a sort of limbo between a NEV and a fully-compliant, highway
vehicle. What that means in terms of its ultimate market niche I
didn't explore, but the OR, which stands for "Off Road" suggests it
will be a campus cruiser with 10-15 mph higher speed than the
NEV-classed 40.

Copyright 1998-2007, EVWorld.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
Non-subscriber content on EV World may be freely distributed with
the only stipulation being that EV World be credited and a link is
provided back to the site. Some portions of this website require a
$29.00US annual subscription. EVWorld.com, Inc. - P.O. Box 461132 -
Papillion, Nebraska 68046 USA. Direct all correspondence to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-

Bruce {EVangel} Parmenter

' ____
~/__|o\__
'@----- @'---(=
. http://geocities.com/brucedp/
. EV List Editor & AFV newswires
. (originator of the above ASCII art)
===== Undo Petroleum Everywhere
: MEPIS Linux & WiFi powered :

Hey John,
Are there details posted anywhere telling the times for the EVents at PIR for
the Wayland Invitational III?  Does your invite
coincide with what PIR calls the "Street Legals" and "Les Schwabies Late
Nights"?

I look on the PIR page and see this schedule:

<snip>
July
4 National Dragster Challenge Drags             9am      103 dBA
11 PIRD E.T. Drags Jr’s                         4pm      103 dBA
13 Street Legal (Quick 16 & St. Bike Challenge) 5pm       90 dBA
14 Les Schwab Tires Late Night Drags            6pm       90 dBA
<end snip>

I also gather there's the Breakfast and Show & Shine at Village Inn 10301 Se
Stark St
Portland, OR.  What time does gathering begin?

Making my reservations now :-))

Mike,
Anchorage, Ak.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Yes, that´s what happened. I have the Kokam fire on video, but of course I ran out of the video tape just before the A123 test.. But I have a picture of the burned cell (and the ones I overcharged, resulting only smoke):

http://www.havina.fi/a123.htm

Osmo

Kaido Kert kirjoitti 19.4.2007 kello 10.14:

On 4/19/07, Osmo S. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So, I did a nail puncture test with fully charged cells at 60 degree
Celsius (140 F). Both Kokam 40 Ah High Power cell and A123 caught
quite an agressive fire, that lasted several minutes. That would
propably make the other cells of the pack to catch a fire also.

Woah, hold on there, A123 has repeatedly claimed that their cells wont
catch fire when punctured.
http://www.google.com/search?q=a123+nail+test
Are you saying you have proven otherwise ?

-kert

A recent entry talked about breaking in a new battery pack. Since my
conversion won't be up and running for a couple of months, (I can't seem to
get my supplier to send me the parts I ordered and paid for in January) I
had thought it a good idea to wait on the battery order (16 x US-125's)
until just before they are needed.

Based upon the "break-in" recommendations, I wonder if it might be a good
idea to get the pack now and rig up some sort of "soft break-in" setup, such
as an electrical heater that won't tax the pack too much.

Would running them through several easy charge/discharge cycles be a good
idea to get them broken in for road use? Any suggestions, recommendations or
experience?

/Roger Daisley, Pullman, WA
Ps: See you at the Wenatchee "PowerUp."

Lee;

This will be a daily driver, but I'm hoping for decent performance.

I totally agree with you that for racing, I would need to go a different
route.
Probably go direct drive with a beefy rear end.
I don't think I'm ready for that yet, so I think I'll stay with the
stocker, and try to keep my foot out of it as much as possible.

Thanks;
Dennis