  1) Re: $30K EVs available in Italy and Switzerland
        by "David Roden (Akron OH USA)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: magnetic field in EV car? Never ending story!
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: magnetic field in EV car?
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: magnetic field in EV car?
        by Jeff Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Zilla Hairball Grounding
        by "Eidson, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: magnetic field in EV car?/ AC Motor Frequency
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) ET Alert :: The status of the EV calendar project :: Very Important
  8) RE: My Watt-hour / mile with comments on battery cycle life and DOD
        by "Myles Twete" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: magnetic field in EV car?/ AC Motor Frequency
        by Jeff Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Zilla Hairball Grounding
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Using Audio Capacitors for Dragsters
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 12) Re: Zilla Hairball Grounding
        by Mark Farver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) RE: Zilla Hairball Grounding
        by "Eidson, Mark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) RE: magnetic field in EV car?/ AC Motor Frequency
        by "Dale Ulan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: Using Audio Capacitors for Dragsters
        by Danny Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: Electric Power Steering
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: BMS (Battery Management System (Was: 1-Wire Expertise)
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) Re: Electric Power Steering
        by "Thomas Barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: Electric Power Steering
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: Electric Power Steering
        by "midiguy732" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Electric Power Steering/YARIS
        by Mark Dutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: Electric Power Steering/YARIS
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Re: Electric Power Steering/YARIS
        by Mark Dutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
On 14 May 2007 at 18:41, Kaido Kert wrote:

> Fiat Panda .... has gotten a electric makeover.
> I wonder what the price would be if built straight in Fiat factories ?

At one time - I believe it was in the late 1980s and into the 90s - Fiat
offered
a factory conversion, the Panda Elettra.  It was a fairly ordinary DC
conversion (72 volts, IIRC).  I think it was intended mostly for institutional
users.

http://electroauto.sweb.cz/panda_elettra.html

David Roden
EVDL Administrator
http://www.evdl.org/help/

  Ah! Yeah! My radio NEVER worked worth a shit in the EV anyhow. But I
don't feel at any loss as my Cassette Victrola record tapes work just FINE.
I guess CD's work too, but haven't made any yet. They say you can BUY
them,nowadaze, IF there was anything I would WANT to buy?

CD's!! man you are in the dark ages:D ... Have you heard of something called iPod?

LOL
Tehben

Very Interesting.

Also it is interesting that all life on earth with a brain has evolved a primary brain frequency similiar to the primary range of the schuman resonance around 7 to 8 hz - not surprising since all life evolved in this field.

So what are all these 60hz waves from the grid doing to our brains?

Does anyone know what frequency of AC that the Solectra and Siemens inverters make? Is it the regular 60hz. I guess Europe has something different.
Hi Tehben,

It depends on the AC drive system, but these are
variable frequency drives as the speed of the motor
depends on the frequency.  Most run between zero and
400 Hz.

Jeff

--- Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>snip<
> Does anyone know what frequency of AC that the
> Solectra and Siemens
> inverters make? Is it the regular 60hz. I guess
> Europe has something
> different.

 for the edge of your seat?
http://tv.yahoo.com/

Is the Hairball chassis mounting holes isolated form the chassis
grounding pin on the upper connector in the wiring diagrams.  I plan to
keep my frame/body isolated from the battery pack and 12V system,
running separate grounding wires for all connections.  If I mount the
hairball to my frame will it tie the frame/body to the 12V return line
connected to the Chassis GND pin on the top connector?  me

So the AC controllers actually vary the frequency depending on speed?
A shop power tool just runs on 60hz right? or do all variable speed AC motors change frequency depending on speed?

On May 14, 2007, at 9:56 AM, Jeff Major wrote:

Hi Tehben,

It depends on the AC drive system, but these are
variable frequency drives as the speed of the motor
depends on the frequency.  Most run between zero and
400 Hz.

Jeff

--- Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

snip<
Does anyone know what frequency of AC that the
Solectra and Siemens
inverters make? Is it the regular 60hz. I guess
Europe has something
different.

______________________________________________________________________ ______________Ready for the edge of your seat?
http://tv.yahoo.com/

I saw some of the photo's and some are very good.  Some of it is typical
sexy babes with cars.  In this case green cars with sexy babes.   Lawrence
Rhodes....

.
    Posted by: "Remy Chevalier" [EMAIL PROTECTED] cleannewworld
    Date: Sat May 12, 2007 1:16 pm ((PDT))

Dear ET List,

The EV calendar project was started by myself at Electrifying Times
magazine. Last year I invited model Jon Mack to help us in the production of
EV pin-up calendar shoots in LA.

Subsequently, she has allowed her business manager Marco Berrios an
appropriation attempt of this calendar project as their own, by locking
Electrifying Times out of the evcalendar myspace page (Where I was naive
enough to let Jon Mack use her own email address to create the page) where I
spent a
month inviting over 800 models, photographers and EV professionals.

Jon Mack and Marco Berrios last week created their own evcalendar website,
and are now trying to incorporate the EVe name, which completely excludes
the fact this is my networking, industry contacts, etc... which brought all
these EVe shoots into existence. Jon Mack had the idea of calling the
calendar EVe, by adding a lower case "e"... This does not entitle her to
sole ownership of this project.

Electrifying Times magazine is now planning legal action against Jon Mack
and Marco Berrios. The EV calendar project, or EVe, either way, is the
property of Electrifying Times magazine. Jon Mack's role was to serve as
co-producer, to assist us in the scheduling and organization of EV pin-up
shoots in LA. This transparent take-over attempt terminates this
association.

I want the EV community to be made aware of this, so the EV industry knows
what's going on with the Electrifying Times EV calendar girl project, so Jon
Mack and Marco Berrios be barred from access to electric vehicles to be used
in photography associated with the production of what is now a competing EV
calendar project.

Electrifying Times is the official print media sponsor for the
EnvironmentalMotors dealership event at the Gibson Guitars showroom in
Beverly Hills in a few days. The centerfold in the magazine (which will be
offered to all the guests at this event) clearly states the EVe project to
be
a Jon Mack/RemyC production, in collaboration with Electrifying Times. Jon
Mack has been removed from that association due to her take over attempt.

Jon Mack and Marco Berrios are appropriating something that was never theirs
to make their own. This is putting everybody involved with EVe in a very
awkward position, I realize this...

Electrifying Times aims to fight for rightful ownership of this project,
something we nurtured for a long time, trusted Jon Mack to assist us with,
she was made photo editor at the magazine... this evidently was not enough
for Jon Mack and her business manager... they wanted to appropriate the
whole property as their own.

We will not allow this to happen, and will fight it in the courts if we have
to. We're simply hoping Jon Mack will come to her senses, stand down, cease
and desist on evcalendar.com and either return access to the myspace
evcalendar page or delete the account, for these are are not their industry
contacts to acquire in this fashion.

Again, I apologize for this message, but we have been left no other choice
but to fight for what is rightfully ours at the magazine.

All the images in the calendar girls section of our website were produced
under the hospices of Electrifying Times's friends and colleagues, are
property of the photographers, who are free to do as they please with
them... except, in good faith, award them to what is now a competing EV
calendar project, which was built from our network.

The EV calendar project remains firmly with Electrifying Times magazine. The
project will continue to grow, this is but a temporary set back. New models
and photographers wanting to participate in this great project are coming on
board every day. Electrifying Times has been around since 1994... there
isn't a single professional in the electric vehicle community who doesn't
know this has been something Electrifying Times has been working on for a
long, long time... Now that it's suddenly in "vogue"... with green super
models posing with EVs in Vanity Fair (shoots which by the way, Electrifying
Times played a role in orchestrating, uncredited) we will not let a couple
of savvy business sharks usurp our labor of love for financial gain.

The Electrifying Times EV calendar was meant to be a fun, tongue in cheek
celebration of the EV industry... We will not let something like this spoil
the EV party.

Sincerely,

RemyC.
ET webed

Interesting---computing the normalized lifetime %CAP delivered as f(DOD),
AGMs are more affected by %DOD over their life than GELs:

Normalized lifetime %CAP as f(DOD) vs 10%DODcap
%DOD  Gel  AGM
100   79   49
80    84   52
50    88   60
25    92   75
10   100  100

Is this why some folks prefer gels for EVs?

-Myles Twete, Portland, Or.

From: Mark Dutko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Electric Power Steering/YARIS
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 15:21:15 -0700
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu

Yes- the motor is just below the steering wheel and very small.  On
May 14, 2007, at 3:09 PM, Tehben Dean wrote:

> So is it geared rather that hydraulic?
>
> On May 14, 2007, at 1:56 PM, Mark Dutko wrote:
>
>> The yaris has EPS, the motor is on the column under the dash and
>> silent, there is a cpu and torque sensor for speed as well. The
>> feel is very good, at least the few  hundred miles I drove before
>> taking the car apart.

>> On May 14, 2007, at 2:45 PM, midiguy732 wrote:
>>
>>> Another source for electrically assisted power steering is the
>>> Saturn
>>> Vue and related vehicles.
>>>
>>> The electric steering is coupled via a variable clutch and
>>> triggered by
>>> the rotation of the steering shaft inside the column as well as the
>>> overall speed of the vehicle.  If you do not move the steering
>>> wheel,
>>> the attached motor/coupling assembly does absolutely nothing drawing
>>> minimal power.
>>>
>>> It's a variable system: Less vehicle speed, more assist.  More
>>> vehicle
>>> speed, less assist.  This makes parallel parking easier (low
>>> speed) and
>>> gives you decent road feel (higher speed).  If you're a "serious"
>>> driver
>>> it doesn't really "feel" right but for a utilitarian vehicle it's
>>> perfectly fine.  For an electric vehicle I would think it's an ideal
>>> solution since you don't have an engine (or motor) spinning
>>> constantly
>>> where you could drive a standard power steering pump as is
>>> "tradition".
>>>
>>> If your vehicle is small and light enough, a manual rack is the
>>> way to
>>> go, as it's much less complicated than any kind of power steering
>>> system
>>> and in a smaller vehicle it's easy enough to steer with, and even
>>> parallel park if you had to.  Roll the vehicle while turning the
>>> wheel
>>> and you'll find it much easier than trying to wrench the steering
>>> while
>>> while you're vehicle is standing in place.
>>>
>>> Those of us who remember "old cars" without such options remember
>>> manual
>>> steering very well.  Good for the back muscles :)
>>>
>>> As a side note, power steering pumps are self-bypassing.  This means
>>> that when you don't need the pressure to move the steering rack (or
>>> steering gearbox) minimal pressure is applied to the hoses that
>>> feed the
>>> rack or box.  In the case of an EV where you don't have constant
>>> spinning of a motor or engine, you could eliminate this bypass in
>>> the
>>> pump, and attach the pump directly to the back of the EV's
>>> motor.  Then
>>> use two smallish high pressure storage tanks, one feeding the
>>> pump and
>>> one being fed by the pump, and connect those tanks to the
>>> steering rack
>>> or box, with valving.  As you move the steering, pressure will be
> [...]
>>> from the pressurized tank, and returned to the empty tank.  Then