  1) Re: AC/DC thing
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: EZGo Controller connection diagram?
        by "Roderick Wilde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: EZGo Controller connection diagram?
        by "John G. Lussmyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Battery Venting
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Safety of inverter/controller or whole system?
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Tesla roadster motor philosophy
        by Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: EV count
        by Bob Bath <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: EV count
        by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  9) Re: Woohoo! just finished homemade capacitive discharge spot battery tab
welder
        by Tony Hwang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Chevy motor adapters
        by Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: OJ dragster joins 125 club, gets closer to single digits58
        by Chip Gribben <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Thundersky Real World Experience
 13) Dream machine
 14) Re: Doers vs talkers, was Otmar is getting rich?
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Standards (was Re: An indesent proposition
 16) RE: Triangle wave generator
        by "David Hankins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Chevy motor adapters
        by "Roland Wiench" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) forget about acceleration... what about range?
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Troll Removal Survey
        by "Roy LeMeur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) Troll Removal Survey
        by "Roy LeMeur" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: Tesla roadster motor philosophy
        by "George Swartz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) forget about acceleration... what about range?
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) Troll?
        by JS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 24) Re: Tesla roadster motor philsophy
        by Tehben Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 25) Re: Troll Removal Survey
        by "Dmitri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 26) AGM battery info (long, but useful)
        by "Steven Arlint" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 27) Re: Chevy motor adapters
        by "Marty Hewes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
It will, but you can mimic this by imposing a current limit
to the DC controller, oversize the motor and stick to
a taller gear to start with. It will have constant torque
at the wheels just like AC system will.

The only advantage of AC setup in this situation is you don't
need to oversize AC motor and have giant shaft torque to have equal
torque at the wheels. (You must use taller gear in DC setup to
compensate for inability to run at high, compared to AC motor, RPM,
so you must have DC shaft torque x times more where x is difference
in gearing).

Victor

Jeff Shanab wrote:
Actually victor, I have often wondered if AC could give a lower but
constant acceleration down the track and so a slower 0-60 but a faster
1/4 mile.

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- John, As a reminder, EV Parts is more than an on road EV supply store. We also offer golf cart parts and free tech support. On the 5 pin style 1206 Curtis controller pin one and two are your 0 to 5 k/ohm throttle input. Pin three is half speed reverse and pin four is your key switch input to power the brains. The fifth pin is not used. As a cautionary note to potential EV people shopping on Ebay, do not buy the 9 pin version of this controller is for the E-Z-GO DCS system (Drive Control System) made between 1195 and 1999. It is made for shunt wound motors and uses a very expensive inductive throttle. Avoid this controller for EV projects.

Roderick

Roderick Wilde,  President,  EV Parts Inc.
        Your Online EV Superstore
              www.evparts.com
               1-360-385-7082
Phone: 360-582-1270  Fax: 360-582-1272
       PO Box 834, Carlsborg, WA 98324
108-B Business Park Loop, Sequim, WA 98382

----- Original Message ----- From: "John G. Lussmyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: June 10, 2007 1:38:46 AM EDT
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
Subject: OJ dragster joins 125 club, gets closer to single digits

After being rained out at PODC and having a wheel hub problem on Wednesday night, the Orange Juice racing team was anxious to get to the track Friday night to find out just what this car would do with it's new Lmc brush timing and Deka AGM batteries. Severe storms cancelled our Friday run but we snuck out to the newly reopened Quaker City Raceway in Salem, Oh today and managed to get in three runs within three hrs. Traction was no problem today. The hot sun and well manicured surface instantly cured our "up in smoke" ills. In fact we had so much traction we couldn't keep the front end on the ground until after 100+ ft. Second time driver Eric Stanislaw did an awesome job at manhandling the torque and was rewarded on the third run with a 10.41 at 127 MPH. Not bad for 240 volts of AGM. He had to lift only once on the third run to bring it back down, which was much better than his first two ( 10.72 @ 123 and 10.57 @ 125). We were contemplating one more run, cranking it up and just letting the front end do what it wanted but we decided to end on a good note. The run for single digits on 240 volts is going to be soooooo close. I think a trip back to Mason Dixon and the hot Maryland sun may be in order. It would be great to hit the 9's in Chip's backyard. Funny, all it took to get OJ off her lazy rear end was to pay a little attention to a bike named AGNS.

Shawn

> David,
>
> a skip is a large metal box used to take rubbiush away from building
> sites, looks a bit like a swim ended barge.

LOL, swim ended?

For those who care, in the USA a Skip is called a Dumpster.

> when Peter said "won't be skiping"  he probably means he won't be
> throwing them away.
>
> UK English is English.
>

> David Roden wrote:
>> On 8 Jun 2007 at 5:17, Peter Perkins wrote:
>>

>>> I certainly won't be skiping them anytime soon.
>>>

>> Sorry, I don't understand what "skiping" means.  (Maybe this is UK
>> English?)

Otmar's controller, Rudmans charger, motor tweeked by Husted & built by John
Wayland.  But the batteries are still a problem.  Sure there are some fine
batteries out there that will get the job done for a short range performance
oriented commuter but I'm still licking my chops for the lithium dream and
the 100 plus mile car with a stock curb weight.  I just don't want to spend
35k doing it.  Lawrence Rhodes.......

Jim Husted wrote:
I'll start saying that having just spent time with Oat
he's about as nice a guy as is out there!
If he is so nice howcome he strongly refuses to show even a superficial picture of the innards of a controller when asked when he has alread shown it off on national tv. If he is so nice howcome he won't answer which transistors he uses so others could benefit from his experience and help promote EVs. If he is such a martyr making no money howcome he is so against telling the cost of the parts so we can see the sacrifice he makes for us all.

I do computer graphics for a living and if someone asks me how is this done I tell them without reservation and with the intent of optimal communication for their benefit. And last I checked the world wasn't dying because of lack of exposure of computer graphics.

The zilla is an interesting example of what can be done but please don't pretend that everything he does and says is golden. That sickens me Jim when big things are on the line here. The pettyness of this community has surprised me. I had assumed that anyone into EVs were in it for the idealistim since it is obviously easier to use gas cars but that certainly wasn't the case. There is a small army of Otmar asskissers here willing to deeply irrationally defend Otmar from any criticism. how dare I. as if he was a god. This is not about Otmar people. For me it's about how to change this world from a combustion base into EV based and Otmar is far from 'nice' in this respect. get your priorities straight people
> Seriously. I look to the computer industry as an example and I know the
> critiziems about hardware vs software.
>
>     My video card is ATI, I will never buy ATI again, I now buy NVIDIA
> and it fits in the same slot.
>     My power supply is an Antec, it would make Rich proud, PFC and
> effiencient.
>     My monitor is...
>     My diskdrives are Western Digital
>     ...shall I go on?

Good example of a standard that was NOT created by group consensus.  IBM
developed the original PC bus (on their own).  This was folowed by a 1/2
dozen different "Standard" busses that were mutually incompatible.  The
ones we have today (and there are STILL more than one, in fact there are
at least three different graphics card busses) are the ones that survived
due to popularity, not any kind of group commitee.

> We already have a few de-facto ones. RegBus,EVil Bus, Andersosn
> connectors.(not all of the standards need to be our own.)

The RegBus and EVil Bus were developed by an individual.  He polled the
list and then did it his way (as I recall a lot of folks were pushing for
CanBus at the time)

Where the list, as a whole, tries to decided on a standard they usually
just get bogged down in disagreements.
"Standards" are developed by those who DO things, not those who discuss
them.  The list, as a whole, can't DO anything other than discuss things.

Hello Lee

I'm trying to educate myself to the point of being able to design and build
my own controller. I've rented that 4 part series introduction to
electronics from smartflicks. I've been reading a lot of stuff from the net.

I'd love to save money on a controller, and I understand the fallacies in
this approach to that goal, but that is not the reason that I'm interested
in doing this. I do projects like this because I like to learn new things
and I like an in depth knowledge of my hobbies.

As an example when I got into computers and trained myself and acquired my
MCSE+I (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer + Internet) I also taught
myself programming.

Anywho there is such a mass of information out there and I'm not as young as
I used to be, so I feel like I'm floundering. I need some direction. :)

Can you point me in the direction of some resources for this goal?

Thanks for you time.

David Hankins

From: "Marty Hewes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ev@listproc.sjsu.edu>