  1) RE: EV achilles' heel
        by "Michael Wendell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: EV achilles' heel
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) RE: Toyota makes an EV
        by "Alan Brinkman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: EV achilles' heel
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Solar tonneau cover
        by Mark Hastings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: EV achilles' heel
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) RE: EV achilles' heel
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: Solar tonneau cover
        by "Zeke Yewdall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) RE: Solar tonneau cover
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Solar tonneau cover
        by Michael Barkley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: Solar tonneau cover
        by "Zeke Yewdall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: EV achilles' heel
        by Dan Frederiksen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: Solar tonneau cover
        by "Zeke Yewdall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) RE: UK Company Introduces Electric Sportscar with Altairnano Battery Pack
        by "Roger Stockton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) RE: Solar tonneau cover
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) Re: EV achilles' heel
        by Stefan Peters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: Solar tonneau cover
        by "Zeke Yewdall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) RE: EV achilles' heel
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) RE: EV achilles' heel
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: Solar tonneau cover
        by "Dewey, Jody R ATC COMNAVAIRLANT, N422G5G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Electric Motor---SAE Mag Article
        by Jeff Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) Re: gas taxes...
>> I've considered a veggie oil diesel or a propane generator
>
> given that the tesla roadster motor makes 170kWh shouldn't
> 30Kw generation be possible in a reasonably sized generator.

didn't we just spend more than a month discussing the innefficiencies of an
onboard (or trailered) generator? is it possible to put this information in
the FAQ somewhere and point all future discussions to that URL?

m.

Michael Wendell
Speedgoat Bicycles
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Win a $5000 custom mountain bike, and help fight breat cancer!
http://www.speedgoat.com

pusher trailer seems insane to me

Bob Rice wrote:

Hi Dan;
Some guys have used the front clip of a front wheel drive small automatic car, setup like a trailer as a "pusher" setup. Tricky stuff here is the controlling it from the EV cockpit. Ed Sharky out in CA did a very neat VW Rabbit one as well as a clipped off VW Bug rear end. I guess any reasonable small car can play, if yur handy setting it up like a trailer, best as a FWD one, then you have all the emmissions crap in place, so you are still a good clean citizen?

  Seeya

Jeff,

I was just thinking about something like this early today.  An elderly
gentleman from our town is now using one of those three or four wheel
mobility type electric units to get around in.  When he goes down the
side walk, and he does travel quite a distance, he has trouble at the
crosswalks, and on uneven surfaces he will tip the unit on its side.  I
have contacted the city to repair one street / sidewalk connection to
make it smoother, and they came out quickly and got it done when they
heard that the fellow had fallen over.  Making these units small to get
around the house / store is fine, but then when they are taken any
distance outside they hit an obstacle and then are unstable.  I thought
that the seat could be on a pedestal and lowered when taking the unit in
uneven terrain, and possibly the front axle could move forward, and how
could you make the wheel base widen cheaply?

Alan