  1) Re: Bridgestone Ecopia EP-03 Tires
        by Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  2) Re: Hanging with Victor...EVision description
        by Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  3) Re: Battery for a Bicycle?
        by Ian Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  4) Re: Insurance
        by "Michael Perry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  5) Re: Bridgestone Ecopia EP-03 Tires
        by "Michael Perry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  6) Re: Battery for a Bicycle?
        by "Joseph T. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  7) Re: Battery for a Bicycle?
        by Ian Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  8) Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by "Joseph T. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  9) Re: Potenza RE92 was  Re: Bridgestone Ecopia EP-03 Tires
        by Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 10) Re: Hanging with Victor...EVision description
        by "Joseph T. " <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 11) Re: AGNS and OJ make record runs in Memphis, TN
        by Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 12) Re: Bridgestone Ecopia EP-03 Tires
        by Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 13) Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by "David Roden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 14) Re: Potenza RE92/LRR tires
        by Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 15) Re: checking claims for couregges exe and tesla roadster
        by Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 16) RE: checking claims for couregges exe and tesla roadster
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 17) Re: New Lion Electric Vehicles.  Starting under 30k.
        by Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 18) replacing controller caps
        by Michael Mohlere <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 19) Re: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 20) RE: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by Mike Willmon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 21) Re: AGNS takes NEDRA record # 6
        by Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 22) RE: DIY Electric Car Forums
        by Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 23) RE: Bridgestone Ecopia EP-03 Tires - tire width vs RR
        by "Phil Marino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--- Begin Message ---
Yeah, that article was over the top to be sure. Decades old though? Yikes!
Again, one of the 20 year old tires on my Corvair Rampside exploded while
sitting in the RV space last week. Those tires were quite new when they were
last used. They were not mounted to the vehicle while stored. In fact, they
were garaged. A six year old tire is going to be hard and comparatively unsafe.
A 20 year old tire is just crazy.

Brian

---- Lee Hart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
I can think of endless numbers of cases where people with old or classic cars
are running tires that are
decades old. So my guess is that the percent degradation is low. It
would only matter in cases where the tire was already being run at its
full load capacity even when new.

The speed sensor itself is about $30. Without it you won't
be able to tell drive efficiency, but you still will see the
power consumption at any time.

Asking not to take it out is like asking not to take useful
navigation system out of Prius while make it "lite" (less
expensive).

This is an option, so if you want it, you just get version with
sensor, I don't see what is the worry. OHOH, few people said -
EVision does too many things for their likes - they would be happy
with $25 Ah raw counter, nothing more. I guess you get
as many opinions as many people you ask.

Lite version will not have speed sensor and also data streaming
ability for those who just want to drive and don't care about
technicality of it. That's the plan. Again, if one doesn't like
spartan version, there is always full featured one.

Victor

Joseph T. wrote:
"later I will make lite (cheaper) version
with reduced features set. No speed sensor there (and of
course no Eh/mile efficiency data available either)."

Just some advice, in my very humble opinion. If I were you, I wouldn't
get rid of the speed sensor in the lite version (Unless, of course, it
is a major part of the price.) Anyone who has an EV, will want info
about its power consumption. Getting rid of the wh/mile, is like
getting rid of the big mpg display in a hybrid!

On 7/28/07, Victor Tikhonov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bill, yes I did, will reply.

Victor

Bill Dennis wrote:
Victor, did you receive the off-list Email that I sent you?

--- Begin Message --- I'm testing their PE-1150 18650 cells, for which they provide cycle life data at 10C *continuous* - does inspire confidence! Max instantaneous would be something like 20-30C I guess. (A dead short across a cell gives 44C, for interest.)

Buying from PHET directly, they're US$2.80 each, but of course that's in significant quantities. (My order of 500 was considered a "sample" order..)

-Ian

On 28/07/2007, at 10:07 PM, vehiculeselectriques.free.fr wrote:

I suppose these are their 10C max capable 18650 cells ?
Can you comment on their price please ?

Philippe

2007/7/26, Ian Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I'm actually testing some PHET batteries at present, having received
a batch of 500x 18650s from them about a week ago:

http://www.zeva.com.au/PHET.jpg

So far they seem pretty good, but I've got a lot more testing to do
yet. I'll write up the results in a few weeks.

-Ian

As a thought, you might want to contact a lawyer up front on that "special"
policy coverage. If you have it written up into your policy, you are
probably covered if the accident it yours. BTW, when you contact the lawyer,
make sure he'll cover you in case of an accident.

My policy covered the additions I made to my car. However, when a 17 year
old slammed into the back of it (even knocking the springs from under its
rear) I found I was the owner of a $2000 auto... despite having a rig worth
more than twice that amount. Progressive would not pay more than the car
would sell for at "average"... which meant no custom work or improvements.
Simply what a standard car would go for if it weren't updated. Oh, and
lawyers weren't interested, unless it was a case of injury. Your policy may
cover it... but they don't pay if it's some else's fault.

Make sure it's written into your policy, also. What your agent tells you and
what your policy covers is 2 different things altogether.
From: Brian Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ev@listproc.sjsu.edu
CC: Phil Marino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 22:50:39 -0700

Phil,

The reason I want a narrow tire is that a narrower tire will usually have a lower rolling resistance. This assumes that the tire it's being compared to is made of the same rubber compound and has the same tread.

Brian - why do you think that a narrower tire will have lower rolling resistance?

Phil