She (Greta)  is an actress descended from actor parents and knows how to give
the speeches to her supporters. How Dare You suggest otherwise? :-)
Under Joey, and company, even Bill Gates will not get his Thorium Salt
reactors, which seems a technological, tough nut to crack, on ideological
reasons. Only in your mind IF a MSR can be produced with very high safety, will
these be permitted to coexist with renewables. With conservatives, these will
coexist maybe with coal and gas turbines, I grant you. Your team is
ideologically against it, and I know this because I interact with the Greens on
Reddit. The reason John is exasperated with the Environmentalists, is that he
ignores the Marxist-Leninism (21st century flavor) of their politics.
Just Stop Oil - Wikipedia

Extinction Rebellion - Wikipedia

Note: Their goal is not to power civilization via renewable energy, but to have
the peasants out of their cars! Or what's an Extinction Rebellion for? You old,
time, liberals "will be relegated  to the dust bin of history," as Chuckling,
Chucky Marx and Engaging, Engels, once wrote.
As you know Xi is working on the thorium MSR thing, and even there, it won't be
available for 15 -25 years, even as a pilot plant.

Renewables, need not work in reality for this crew. For you and John yes, for
the 21C Greens, well, some causalities are acceptable for the revolution!

So, what do we do as a species till that glorious time to survive? The is not a
concern number 1,2,3, or 4 for your chums. I, even as a vile Trumpkin, have
some ideas. Also, let me know what you are up for a chat about the Urban Crime,
policies and results. I actually enjoy Desantis better, but am a serf so I
takes what I kin!

Top O' the Morn'n to ye!