ScienceAlert fails me once more!!

Lets try with this Nature article on Consciousness........

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-02120-8

PHILOSOPHER V NEUROSCIENTIST. 1-0.
    On Saturday, June 24, 2023 at 05:55:24 AM EDT, John Clark
<johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jun 23, 2023 at 6:37 PM 'spudboy...@aol.com' via Everything List
<everything-list@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 > John, please evaluate this article, because this report indicates that life
 > could somehow be electron clouds of some sort, and we all know that
 > electrons repel each other? Can you elucidate please? What is the impact, if
 > true? I am working tonight and thus occupied instead of doing searches.
 > Thanks, Spud, the drooling, thuggish, fascist.

ScienceAlertRadical New Theory Gives a Very Different Perspective on What Life
Is (msn.com)

"Walker and Cronin's 'assembly theory' predicts that molecules produced by
biological processes must be more complex than those produced by non-biological
processes. "

That's not much of a prediction, chemists have known that for well over a
century.

> "An electron can be made anywhere in the universe and has no history"

And physicists have known that for well over a century.

"They calculated the smallest number of steps required to reassemble each
compound from these blocks – which they called the 'molecular assembly index' "

They may have calculated the smallest number of  KNOWN  steps needed to make a
large and very complex molecule, but they could not be sure there is not an
easier way, perhaps a much easier way. Perhaps in their original paper they
address some of these issues, but on the face of it the paper doesn't seem very
interesting or important to me, so I'm reluctant to take the time to dig into
it any further.
nmp

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/CAJPayv3zEzOwk-c33bUV0i1Xa2dFt8ZUA0NQqq0%2BjT8yNg0cPQ%40mail.gmail.com.