Hi Bruno Marchal

The 2p appears to be in synthetic logic such as in epistemology
(phenomenology or perception) and presumably in Boolean
synthetic logic operations such as AND, OR, XOR and NAND
operations, where apparently some form of
combination is used ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_synthesis

"History of logic synthesis

The roots of logic synthesis can be traced to the treatment of logic by
George Boole (1815 to 1864), in what is now termed Boolean algebra.
In 1938, Claude Shannon showed that the two-valued Boolean algebra
can describe the operation of switching circuits.
In the early days, logic design involved manipulating the truth table
representations as Karnaugh maps. The Karnaugh map-based minimization
of logic is guided by a set of rules on how entries in the
maps can be combined. A human designer can typically only work with
Karnaugh maps containing up to four to six variables.
Logic operations usually consist of boolean AND, OR, XOR and NAND operations,
and are the most basic forms of operations in an electronic circuit.
Arithmetic operations are usually implemented with the use of logic operators.
Circuits such as a binary multiplier or a binary adder are examples
of more complex binary operations that can be implemented using basic
logic operators. "

This shows how 2p is used in perception:

http://www.cspeirce.com/menu/library/bycsp/newlist/nl-frame.htm

The Categories as used in perception:

I 1p--Quality (Reference to a Ground),
II 2p-- Relation (Reference to a Correlate),
II 3p--Representation (Reference to an Interpretant),

I 1p-- Quale (that which refers to a ground),
II 2p--Relate (that which refers to a ground and correlate, )
III 3p--Representamen (that which refers to ground, correlate, and
interpretant. )

[Roger Clough], [rclo...@verizon.net]
12/29/2012