On Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:45:55 PM UTC-5, John Clark wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Craig Weinberg
> <whats...@gmail.com<javascript:>
> > wrote:
>
> >>  It certainly says God is grand and if it didn't say that a omnipotent
>>> being was complex it certainly should have.
>>>

>> > Ah, so we are talking about what you think Genesis should have said
>> rather than what it actually says.
>>

> Yes, the Bible is a reprehensible document not only because of what it
> says but because of what it does not say.
>
> > Show me where in Genesis it says anything about God being grand or
> complex:
>
> Has it come to this, do I really have to prove that the Bible doesn't
> teach that God is of no importance? Craig, I think you've lost track of the
> position you're arguing for and just feel obligated to contradict anything
> said, even if it supports your view, rather like this:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

Certainly God is supposed to be of the utmost importance, but that sense of
grandeur is not rooted in complexity, either conceptually or literally. A
two year old can understand what God is supposed to be. The position that I
am arguing is knock down that unsupported balloon that you tried to float
about science being better than religion because science always means that
complex things are explained by simple things. If you recall, I said that
religion does the exact same thing. The God concept is grand in a different
way than natural selection is grand, but they are comparable as far as the
relation of simplicity to complexity. This is something that science and
religion have in common, not which sets them apart.

Your straw man of me arguing that God is not important didn't work.

Craig