On 27 Jan 2013, at 18:31, John Clark wrote:

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013  AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
> Without religion, science is pseudo-religion

That's OK with me. Religion is bullshit,

We have discuss this. You confuse religion with clericalism. By saying gross statement like "religion is bullshit" you are favoring the clericalists and literalists.

I am very glad with all your posts on religion, as they confirm my theory according to which (strong) atheists are (strong) Christians in disguise. Same faith in the creation, same definition of the creator, same perpetual use of authoritative arguments, same impulse to forbid the scientific method on the deep questions.

so pseudo-bullshit is better than pure, triple distilled, extra virgin, investment grade bullshit.
> How would you define "grand" for a concept?

That depends on how you define "define". And after that I'd like to know the definition of "define "define" "; and after that [...]

I was just asking what do you mean by "grand concept", with the goal of making sense of what you were saying. You elude the point.

If you are interested in a theory of "definition", by some good introductory book in logic, as this is has been well studied.

BTW, I am still waiting your comment on my last rebuttal of your predicting algorithm in self-duplication. You seem to praise reason, so why do you act so much irrationally on that subject. Your attitude is perhaps impulsed by the fact that you seem to believe that physics does solve the mind-body problem, which is exactly what UDA shows it does not.