On 10 January 2014 13:19, Jesse Mazer <laserma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 7:57 PM, LizR <lizj...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> As I said in another comment, if you allow information about the state
>>> of complex systems like detectors to flow back in times as well as
>>> forwards, it's not clear that this really counts as preserving locality.
>>>

>> Nothing is flowing either way in time. (Assuming a block universe,
>> nothing *can* flow in time - the notion doesn't make sense).
>>

> I think you're reading something into my talk about information "flowing
> back in time" that I didn't intend.

Not exactly. I am just aware that some people will do so, so I was trying
to make it very clear that you didn't mean what those people (they know who
they are!) might read into it.

Also, once you start thinking of things as flowing through time you can end
up with an awfully complicated system (like the TI) which you shouldn't
need, because the whole thing is quite simple, being fixed by logical
constraints.