On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 , Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

 >>> A typical observation will be "the diary of the guy in W assess that
>>> he is in W, and (perhaps) that he could not have predicted that,
>>

> >> That is incorrect, the Helsinki Man could have successfully predicted
>> that  the Washington diary will be written by the guy in Washington.
>>

> > That is correct, but is not answering the question,

Then what exactly is the question? Be specific and DON'T HIDE BEHIND
PRONOUNS WITH NO CLEAR REFERENT.

> predicting "that  the Washington diary will be written by the guy in
> Washington" is tautological,

Exactly. Precisely. And thus we can conclude that the thought experiment is
worthless.

> In Helsinki you know that P(my experience will be the experience of
seeing a unique city) = 1.

Who is Mr. my? Be specific and DON'T HIDE BEHIND PRONOUNS WITH NO CLEAR
REFERENT.

> the question asked was about his first person experience,

Who is Mr. his, and who exactly is the person having this "first person
experience"? Be specific, give names, and DON'T HIDE BEHIND PRONOUNS WITH
NO CLEAR REFERENT.

> By comp I know that it must be W, or M, but not both, nor none.

Well good for "comp".

>> the only answer the Helsinki Man can give is "my first person view is of
>> Helsinki".
>>

> > No. that's the correct answer to "what do you feel right now", but the
> question is what could you feel after pressing the button.

Who is Mr. you? Be specific and DON'T HIDE BEHIND PRONOUNS WITH NO CLEAR
REFERENT.

> > As you know that by comp you don't die

Well good for "comp".

  John K Clark