On 16 Mar 2014, at 23:14, Craig Weinberg wrote:

On Sunday, March 16, 2014 4:38:42 PM UTC-4, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 9:08 PM, Craig Weinberg <whats...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:26:46 PM UTC-4, Platonist Guitar Cowboy wrote:

At this point my impression is: with a bucket so personalized and leaky, I can see how everything just goes in MSR, as long as Craig says so. For that reason I've taken MSR in the other thread and just filled it arbitrarily with my own primitives. You weren't amused because you thought I was selling you nonsense; so you didn't even reply. Perhaps you can relate to how I feel with many of your statements on MSR, then.

If you don't like what I write, and how I write it, I suggest you follow my example and ignore it.

That you ignore what and how you write is indeed becoming increasingly clear. Why others should care or read it becomes murkier though.

I already stated I find your thoughts to be inspiring on many levels, in many ways. Just not the first level.

Plugging sense into sense, relations into relations, without specifying some object seems empty to me, or at least so complex, that I couldn't wrap my head around it in a hundred lives. I hope you find something that clarifies this.

If dreams don't require objects that are real outside of the dream experience, why should the universe?

Yes, indeed, why? Good point.

Objects require an experience which defines them as objects,

Why? I mean that is not necessary, a priori.

but experiences do not, in theory, require anything to define them.

I don't think the experiences themselves can even be defined. They can be shared when they have enough "3p" features in common, like the "Madeleine of Proust" effect. Poets and novelists exploit that, but it is an unending exploration.

With comp, of course, experiences requires subject, that is person, and person requires bodies/beliefs when getting a life, with deep scenarios (deep = necessitates long computations).

With the comp supervenience thesis, one first person experience supervenes on an infinity of relative computational states.

Bruno

Craig

PGC

Craig

PGC

Craig

PGC

You can't strike gold if sense contradicts its existence. PGC

Contradiction requires sense to 'exist'.

Craig

Craig

Craig

I'll now watch the clip you posted!

Kim

Kim Jones B. Mus. GDTL

Email:   kimj...@ozemail.com.au
             kmjc...@icloud.com
Mobile: 0450 963 719
Phone:  02 93894239
Web:     http://www.eportfolio.kmjcommp.com

"Never let your schooling get in the way of your education" - Mark Twain

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to everything-li...@googlegroups.com.