From: Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au>
To: everything-list <everything-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun, Dec 21, 2014 4:31 pm
Subject: Re: I signed up to be cryogenically frozen

John Clark wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 Bruce Kellett <bhkell...@optusnet.com.au
> <mailto:bhkell...@optusnet.com.au>> wrote:
>

>      > It might be a common human trait to fear oblivion, but it is even
>     more irrational than belief in an afterlife.
>

> The fact that you've obviously lived long enough to learn how to read
> and write is proof positive that you too have a healthy fear of death.

An instinct for self-preservation is unrelated to whether or not you
have a fear of death, or of oblivion. I think Mark Twain got it about
right in the quote Brent gave:

"I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for
billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered
the slightest inconvenience from it."'
     --- Mark Twain

Bruce