On 24 June 2017 at 11:36, Russell Standish <li...@hpcoders.com.au> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 06:29:54PM +1000, Bruce Kellett wrote:
> > On 24/06/2017 5:23 pm, Russell Standish wrote:
> >
> > OK, it was possibly the case that you gave arguments earlier in the
> > book. But I was going on the basis of the Appendix "Derivation of
> > Quantum postulates".
> >
> > But the problems only begin with the assumption of a probabilistic
> > model. Psi(t) is the set of possibilities consistent with what is
> > known at time t. But how do you limit this set? At the moment, I
> > could go to the pub for a drink, could open a bottle of wine at
> > home, stroke the cat, turn on the telly, talk to my wife, etc,
> > etc,..... The possibilities consistent with what is known at this
> > time is not a well defined set, or limited in any way.
>
> The everything is the set of all infinite length strings, each of
> which describes a universe to infinite detail.

​I always wondered about this aspect of your theory Russell. I assume that
you mean "describes under some interpretation". If so, the only available
interpretation (whether explicitly computationalist, a la UDA, or
otherwise) would have to be intrinsic to the strings themselves. Hence some
interpretative scheme or other must also be implicitly assumed. Isn't that
so?

David

Some of these strings