On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 5:52 AM Lawrence Crowell <
goldenfieldquaterni...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> Interesting. I do think it is possible to reconfigure an atom, say a
> carbon atom, so that it assumes electronic properties of almost any other
> atom. We can in a sense synthesize Rhenium or any other rare element.*

That is a very cool idea! And calculating which material would make the
best artificial atoms for semiconductor chips would be just the sort of
thing that a quantum computer would be good at.  It would sure beat trial
and error.

wbt