On Mon, Nov 13, 2023 at 4:30 PM Brent Meeker <meekerbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

* > How would you reconfigure the electronic shells of an atom without
> changing the charge of the nucleus?*

The valence electron shells of atoms change every time they undergo a
chemical reaction.  Changing the electrical properties in a material so
that it is precisely what you want it to be in order to make a better
computer chip is just taking the next step, although it's a very big step.
If you're clever and mix various substances in precisely the right
proportions, you can make the electrons in a semiconductor behave as if
they were part of an element that isn't really there, or even part of a
hypothetical element that doesn't exist in the real world.

oit