On Sun, Dec 3, 2023, 4:40 PM Brent Meeker <meekerbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think the Born rule is implied by MWI; but it's already known to
> be the only rational way to define a probability measure on a Hilbert space
> (Gleason's theorem).  So in a sense it's implicit in QM regardless of
> interpretation.
>
> QBism, which is a version of CI+decoherence is at least as rational as
> MWI.  I think the proper measure of an interpretation is whether they
> suggest improvements and experiments.  MWI may be better in that respect.

QBism, like other non-realist theories, can't account for the effectiveness
of quantum computers (unless one believes that non-real things can have
real, detectable effects (like producing the solution to factoring a large
semiprime)). But if you are realist about the wave function, then you are
dealing with MW, not QBism.

Jason